Chapter three

Chapter three: That name I've heard

AcK--

Dream and Nightmare stood right by a grave, greaving for one of their favorite monsters.

Mint Arden has passed away.

This hit Nightmare the hardest. She was the only one who really ever payed attention to him. She gave him love and comfort when he meeded it. Mint actually cared, she cared for the brothers. Only one who really cared.

Only Dream, Nightmare and Mints two younger sisters were there. Kendyl and Piper Arden. No-one else gave two shits for Mint. Nightmare held one of Mints favorite flowers, the 'Protea' which meant, Change, transformation, and courage.

Dream held another one of her favorites, the 'Camellia', desire, passion, and refinement. Piper held a 'Ranunclus', radiant charm and attractiveness.
Last but not least, Kendyl had the 'Sedum', a cure for broken and wounded hearts.

Tears slid down from Nightmare's eye sockets. Dream looked at his older brother with pure sadness. Dream hugged his brother, carefull not to hurt the flowers. He didn't hug back. Nightmare's eye sockets where empty.
Dream stopped hugging Nightmare and looked up to the sky.

Mint had always loved sunny days.

She was so young. She was seventeen, an early age to die. She didn't deserve to die! She was the kindest monster to ever live!

Nightmare blamed himself for her death. But it wasn't his fault. She died from over working. She didn't have much of a brake time, she always spent it running around with the prince's.

They each put the flowers by the grave and said their goodbyes one by one they left, Nightmare last to leave.

It eventually drove him insane.

Dream woke up with a jolt. Another memory he didn't really want to remember. He knew everything about his life went down hill from there.

His surroundings where different, unusual. He wasn't in the forest and Toby wasn't with him.

Instead, he was in a real bed, baskets held medicine and supplies for treatment. A chair had his clothes on it. What the hell? Dream yelled in his head, so confused on where he was. Or worse, who was near him. Waiting.

Dream put his clothes on. His bag wasn't there. It had super important things that no-one else should ever see!

Dream rushed to the door, hoping to find Toby somewhere. He was about to open the door when it suddenly opened reveling one of the cloaked figures and Toby!
Dream gasped suprised to see someone infront of him so suddenly. Toby rubbed his face on Dreams leg, Dream ignored it.

"Where's my bag?" Dream demanded an answer. They handed Dream the bag and started rummaging through it makeing sure everything was there. Once he knew everything was there, he asked another question, "Did you or any of your 'friends' look through my bag?" They moved there head side to side.

Dream put the bag on eyeing the cloaked figure suspiciously. They walked away.
I guess that I can just leave this place now.
Wrong.

Dream took one step then another cloaked figure came up to him. "Hi, I-I'm Shy." They said "Shy?" Dream repeated. "Sorry-ry no, my names Sci." They told Dream. "Yeah cool, how do I get out of here?" Dream asked.

"O-oh, you can't leave yet. Please?" Dream looked down at Toby, he looked like he was injoying the place. For some weird reason. "Gah. Fine, whatever. Why am I here?" Dream asked irritated.

"Me, Lust, Fell, and Killer brought-" Sci was roodly interrupted by Dream, "-Kidnapped." Sci stayed silent for a moment.

"-Kidnapped to join the resistance." Sci told him. "Why?" Dream questioned.

"Because, we heard that you where farley strong, you where smart and, you can easily trick someone." Sci answered. "Resistance to whom or what?" Dream asked another question.

"You don't need to know that just yet!" Another cloaked figure said walking over. "I'm Lust by the way," They told him. "Yours?"
"None of your business." Dream said grumply. "Please?" They asked. Dream rolled his pupils and told his fake name. "Micah Day." He sounded bored. "Cool, anyways we need you to get a partner to share a room with." "What?"

Then another one came up. How many of these clocked figures are their? Dream asked in his head. "A partner." Sci said. "Killer, you volunteer! How sweet of you." Lust said "What did I volunteer for?" Killer said confused. "Micah will be your room partner."
"Hell no." Killer refused.

"To bad your stuck with him. Run along you two. Me and Sci have much better things to do then babysit Micah." Lust said waveing his and and walking away.

Sci waved and took off in a different direction.

"Come on." Killer said as he started to walk. Toby happily followed him. Dream knew that name. 'Killer'.