What does a slave dream of?

Previously...

"Doctor, that voice, on the speaker... I know that voice!"

Jo's POV...

The doctor looks at me in surprise

"Well... OK... who was it then?"

I rack my thoughts, trying to give the voice a face. I absentmindedly tap my fingers on the TARDIS console while I chase the memory around through endless corridors and rooms in my mind. every time I come close it seems a door shuts on me and I am left with nothing.

I figure it's something out of Doctor Who. I mean, that would only make sense.

I start narrowing things down. Ok, out of Doctor Who. that makes thing easier. also, Martha, 10 and I were the only ones who the voice really affected. 11 claims that he recognises the voice as well but something tells me the connection isn't as strong, so, it must have been something that happened in season 3.

Also, it must have been an episode that I'd seen a lot of, or, one where whoever was speaking appears a lot throughout the show. But if Martha and 10 were the only ones who recognised it, the latter is less likely.

I realise the doctor is still looking at me expectingly, a raised eyebrow expression plastered on his face. you know... without the eyebrows...

"I'll get it in a moment" I say, as if that sums everything up. He walks off in the direction of the library.

So, someone that I used to love to watch, appears in season 3 but not the others... what else... who could it be?

I start to tap harder, thinking that if I tap, and pretend that I've given up and am no longer interested, I might catch the runaway thought unawares and remember who the voice belongs to.

Also, what was annoying, was other thoughts kept grabbing for my attention.

Words like lord, boss and ruler keep popping up in my head, distracting me. also slave. I keep thinking about slaves. slaves seem to be dominating my thoughts.

What was that famous quote? "the slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming..."

...

Oh...

...

Not good. really, really not good.

"DOCTOR!!!"