4

Three days.

It's been three days since I agreed to live with Niall and the boys when I reach London.

Two hours.

Two hours from now I will be seated on a private jet making my way to London, England.

I looked around my room, trying to scope out anything that I might have forgotten. My room had been completely packed up, except for the furniture that couldn't be taken with me. Paisley had helped me with it, because whenever my mom tried to pack an item, she would burst into tears and have to leave the room. I think this was going to be harder on her than it was on me.

I was so nervous. Leaving my family and friends here in Canada for a few years was going to be extremly hard. I was always really close with my family, so to only see them a couple times a year would probably be the worst part to this whole situation. I didn't know what anything was going to be like when I reached London. Niall said they were going to pick me up from the airport, so I guess I was going to meet his friends when I got there. My dad had to go to work early today, so we already shared our sad goodbyes. My mom, little sister, Chloe and Paisley were going to drop me off at the privet jet's takeoff and landing ground in an hour and a half. 

Those were the only two things I knew for certain.

"Katie." 

I turned to look for where my name was coming from. My mom stood in the doorway, holding a small, sky blue suitcase in her hands.

"You forgot something," she stated, gesturing to the luggage with her eyes.

"What?" I said, curious of what I could have missed. I was sure that I got everything that I was going to need.

"Your art supplies," she said simply, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Mom, as much as it kills me, I don't think I can bring those with me," I said, sad that the statement was true.

"And why is that?" she asked, sounding almost offended at the idea of not bringing them with me.

"I just... I'm already invading their home as it is. I don't want to show up with so much stuff and make them feel like they have to give me even more space to put it all. It makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of them," I claimed, looking down at my hands.

"Just take it," she said. "Besides, you can always find a studio and use that instead of the flat. Maybe you could even find a job while your there."

"Okay mom, whatever makes you happy," I said, giving her a small smile. I took the bag and brought it down the stairs and out to the driveway. My bags we in the trunk of the car, ready to be shipped of to England with me. Just as I shut the trunk, Paisley pulled up into my driveway and climbed out of her car.

 "Hey!" she said, waving with her free hand; in her other hand, she carried a small green and white box. "For you," she outstretched her arm, placing the box in my hands.

"What's this?!" I exclaimed, looking down at the pretty box. I read the brand name.

Magnolia.

"Oh my God! Why did you do this?! You didn't have to!" I enveloped her in a hug."Thank you so much!" 

"It was nothing," she dismissed with a wave of her hand. "Just a little something to remember me by. Just promise me that you won't open it until you get to England," she explained,  her gaze meeting mine. "Okay?"

"Okay," I smiled. The familiar feeling of a lump in my throat had me trying to keep the tears from falling.

"Don't cry. Don't." She dragged me into another hug.