15

It has been exactly three weeks since I fractured my hand.

These three weeks have consisted of days filled with immense frustration, while at the same time have harboured feelings that I haven't felt since I was a little kid. I'm starting to realize that being around these boys is somewhat of a benefit not only to myself, but to them as well. Our friendships with each other are getting stronger. We even came up with the lyrics for a new song! They said they wanted to start writing for their new album.

We called it, "They Don't Know About Us".

We've all grown closer; and with the aspect of my fractured hand, they have all felt the need to assist me with simple tasks, ultimately bringing us closer together.

Harry has even went to the extremes of pouring my cereal in a bowl for me, all the while insisting that I was not coordinated enough with my left hand to do it on my own. Liam made it his mission to assist me in opening things like jars, doors and cupboards. I didn't refuse this because I learned that if I did, it would only make him upset. He also still insisted on taking me to the gym, despite my injury. Liam was now like my own personal trainer, and I was his.

We are gym buddies.

Lou became my life-line; without him, I would have died of boredom. He was always challenging me to games of Fifa World Cup and Mario Party, and despite the fact that I was playing with one and a half hands, he didn't go easy on me.

Most the times I still beat him.

Watching Lou get angry after I won against him was one of the funniest things ever. Whenever he got frustrated, he'd demand some time to practice and then call me back for a rematch once he has figured out a new strategy.

That's where Zayn's role came into play.

Every time Lou needed to blow of his competitive steam, Zayn would come and sweep me away to entertain me in some other way. Once he found out that I was a fan of pool, we started having our own competitions. I found out that the dining room table was also a pool table, if you removed the top. I also learned that playing pool with a cast on wasn't hard at all; in fact, the cast proved to be an awesome cue rest. Zayn even taught me a few new skills, which, by the way, was a very... nice experience. One time it was even like something you would see in a movie. He was trying to teach me how to use the wall of the table to bounce the ball back and hit another ball. He came behind me and leaned his chest against my back, bringing his arms around mine and showing me how to hold it. I still remember the way my breath caught in my throat. I blushed at the memory.

And then there was Niall.

Niall has been more helpful than I could have ever hoped for. He took care of me in the ways that the other boys couldn't - well, not that they couldn't, but because I wouldn't let them. Whether it was getting dressed, doing my hair, or even showering, Niall was lending a helping hand. Of course, he didn't actually help me shower while I was in the nude; I made sure to put on a bikini. Some people may think that this is a little too weird for best friends to be doing, but Niall insisted. Because my cast isn't waterproof, I have to keep my right arm out of the shower at all times, which also means that I have to wash my hair with one hand. So, when you have a best friend willing to help you out, you might as well take him up on his offer.

I can honestly say that despite my inability to do a lot of things on my own, the past three weeks have been the best that I've had in a long time.

"Katie?" Niall mumbled sleepily from underneath me.

It's then that I realized I was laying on top of his bare chest.