21

*Katie's POV*

I shut the door quickly, locking it before making my way to the bed.

Paisley. I need to talk to Paisley. Paisley will know what to do. She will help me out of this mess, I chanted to myself as I fished my phone out of my shoulder bag. My hands were shaking as I fumbled with the touch screen, trying to unlock it, but messing up over and over again. I tried to unlock it for the fifth time before a message popped up on my still-locked screen.

You have incorrectly drawn your unlock pattern five times. Please try again in 30 seconds.

"Shit!" I cursed, angrily throwing my phone against the headboard of the bed. A light thump echoed throughout the still room before it landed on Niall's pillow. "Ugh!" I groaned quietly, dropping my head in my hands as I sat cross legged at the foot of the king size bed.

Calm down, I thought to myself as I took a couple of deep breaths, trying to tame my frustration. Just because things aren't going your way doesn't mean you have to throw a fit.

I reached across the bed, grabbing my phone and holding it still. I tried my unlock pattern again, but this time with a steady hand and more concentration. I gave a sigh of relief when it unlocked.

"Finally," I breathed, clicking on my phone app. I hesitated, glancing at the time in the top corner of my small screen. It was already eight o'clock in London. I did the mental math, coming to the conclusion that Paisley would probably be out somewhere, considering it was three in the afternoon in Toronto right now.

Oh well, I thought as I dialled her number onto my screen, holding the phone to my ear as I nervously tapped my fingers against my thigh. I listened as the line started ringing, signalling that it was calling.

"Pick up," I muttered, letting out a shaky breath, hoping that she would. If she didn't pick up I didn't know what I would do.

"Hello?" Paisley's voice rang through the speaker. Yes! She picked up! I let out a sigh of relief before answering.

"Paisley!" I exclaimed, quickly quieting my voice down so Niall or any of the other boys wouldn't hear anything.

"Katie? Hey! How have you been? I haven't heard from you in a while," she said calmly, making small talk. I didn't have time for small talk, though, so I got straight to the point.

"Paisley, I need your help. I got myself in a... situation, and I don't know how I'm going to get out of this one," I explained intensely.

"Oh no. What did you do now?" she teased.

"Paisley, you don't understand. This is serious. If I do the wrong thing I could ruin everything," I clarified. She let out a small sigh before speaking again.

"Start talking," was all she said.

"I... It's just my feelings. There are so many things going on right now. I don't know what to feel or if I'm even supposed to feeling anything for certain people," I carefully tried to explain. I could tell she didn't understand anything that just spewed out of my lips.

"What?" she questioned confusedly. I groaned in frustration.

"See?! I can't even speak properly! Nothing is working out like I thought it would!" I complained, falling back onto the bed as I pressed the palm of my hand to my forehead.

"Alright, calm down. Stop acting like a little girl and put on your big girl pants. You're seventeen for goodness' sakes! Just tell me what happened," she demanded, getting straight to the point. See? This is why Paisley is my best friend. She get's straight to the point; no tolerance for bullshit.