19

*Katie's POV*

University starts in a week.

It has been exactly two months since I arrived in London on June thirtieth. It has also been exactly three weeks and six days since I found out that Reece was coming to my University in London.

In other words, it has been about a month since my life had become partially ruined; courtesy of the unappreciated, unwanted, douche bag of an ex.

Also known as Reece.

"You ready for uni?" Zayn questioned as he sat across from me on the opposite couch. We were currently sitting in the living room; I had my legs over the arm rest as my back laid against the cushions, while Zayn's lanky limbs were sprawled about. It wouldn't be wrong to say the we were couch-hoggers.

"No," I grumbled.  We all knew what me going to University would mean. And to be honest, I was dreading every second that ticked closer to my meeting with Reece. He hadn't stopped texting and calling me over the past month; even though Niall, with the help of the rest of the boys, threatened him against it. But what else could we do? Reece is stubborn; if anyone knows that, it's me. I had given in and texted him back, but only to tell him that 'I don't want you back in my life. Stop texting me.", which then resulted in a mass number of texts from him, gushing about how he never stopped loving me and how I would learn to love him back in no time. 

All this did was make Niall laugh.

"Awe, c'mon, Katie!" Zayn cooed. "It won't be that bad. Uni is supposed to be fun! It's a chance to make new friends and figure out who you are as a person! Not to spend your entire time paranoid that you'll run into your ex!"

"Easier said than done," I rebutted. "What would you do? If you were in my situation?" I challenged, wanting to hear what he had to say.

"Huh. Well..." he paused to think about his answer before continuing, "I would try to think positive and forget about the past. But for the most part, I would probably react the same way that you are."

"See!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air above me. "There is no way around this! I can't get out of this hell-hole!" I groaned, letting my hands fall on top of my face.

"Positive thoughts, Katie," I heard Louis say as he entered the living room. "And where do you expect me to sit?" Lou questioned in his trademark sassy tone.

"What do you mean?" I asked, dryly, motioning towards the empty third couch. "There's an empty couch right there."

"Yeah, but that's not my couch. You're on my couch. In my spot," he emphasised, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked at me pointedly.

"Well, I'm not moving," I retorted, raising an eyebrow at him as if to challenge him. He seemed to have accepted the challenge, because the next thing he did was stride up to where I was laying, pick up my limp body and throw me onto the other couch. The funny thing was, I didn't even react.

"Whatever," I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest as Louis sat in the place that I was sitting in not even two seconds ago. It wouldn't be wrong to say that I was in a bad mood today.

"Someone needs to cheer you up," Zayn commented as he looked over at me in all of my misery. "What do you feel like doing? Something that will make you happy; just name it."

"Nothing will ever make me happy again," I mumbled stubbornly. 

"Oh, c'mon! Don't be so dramatic!" Zayn chided.