30

"Well, that's the last of it," I huffed, dropping the last box of my things next to the rest of them sitting in a pile at the front door.

It was Friday; one day before One Direction's management would be kicking me out of the flat. The fact that I'd be leaving some of my best friends in a day was heartbreaking. I had spent the best summer of my life with these guys and now it would all have to come to an end.

"I hate this," Niall said angrily, his arms crossed against his chest. "I hate that they're making you leave."

"So do I," Harry sighed as he slumped against the wall next to Niall. "This sucks so much."

"I know," I frowned, looking down at the few boxes I had packed all of my things into. "But you guys are leaving on tour anyway, it was bound to happen sooner or later."

"It should have been later," Niall responded with a frown.

"At least I have a place to move into," I tried with a small smile. "I won't be rooming with some random or anything like that."

"Who's this person you said you're moving in with?" Liam questioned as he walked out of the kitchen.

"Alice," I replied.

I had told Alice the day before that I would take her up on her offer to live with her. The truth was, there were absolutely no flats left for sale that I could afford, and there was no way in hell that I'd willingly move in with Reece.

That would just be a disaster waiting to happen.

"She's really sweet, and she's in my program so we have a lot in common," I said, trying to reassure the boys. They stared at me, eyebrows raised with question.

"What if she turns out to be a bitch," Harry asked, folding his arms like Niall. "You'll be stuck living with her for at least a year. You'd be miserable."

"I really doubt that," I laughed. I spent almost all of my time on campus with Alice, and so far she had been nothing but kind. I was just keeping my fingers crossed that none of the horror stories about horrible roommates would end up happening to me.

"Okay, well what if her other flatmate is a bitch?" Harry countered, dropping his head to the side as he questioned me. Alice had told me that she lived with one other roommate, but assured me they were great, and that I had nothing to worry about. I still had yet to meet her, though. I sighed.

"If she turns out to be horrible then..." I shrugged my shoulders, trailing off. I mean, what could you do? If you're stuck with a bad roommate, you only have three options: either you move out, they move out, or you stick it out until the school year ends and try not to kill each other.

Harry and Niall raised their eyebrows in unison, expecting an adequate response.

"Then I'll handle it, okay? You guys don't have to worry about it, I'll be fine," I huffed, dropping my shoulders.

"We know you'll be fine," Liam said, moving his gaze to Niall and Harry standing opposite to me. "They're just worried about you."

"As we should be," Niall justified with an annoyed look.

"I'll be fine," I pressed. "People do this all the time. Going to school in a different country alone is a thing. You don't have to worry."

"Alright, well it's your last day in the house," Liam interjected before Niall could argue. "What do you want to do today?"

"I kind of just want to chill with you guys at home," I replied. Liam was right, it was my last day before I moved out. I wanted to savour the rest of the time I had left with the boys.