18

*Katie's POV*

Ding.

The elevator door dinged as we reached our floor. I had been out with Harry for most of the day, and to be completely honest, I actually enjoyed myself.

A lot.

It's kind of starting to scare me; how much I've grown to like Haz. He takes such good care of me, without me even hinting for him to. It's like his natural instinct; to protect the things he loves. Of course, he doesn't love me, not at all. But I don't think I would be wrong to say that he considered me as a friend. Which makes it hard for me, because I'm still unsure of my feelings for him.

I'm unsure about my feelings for anyone, for that matter.

They are all making it so hard for me; all of the boys, that is. I'm sure that they don't mean to, but I don't think they know how confusing it is for someone who just found out that their long term boyfriend had been cheating on them not only a month and a half ago to be getting so much male attention. It's like all of my emotions and feelings are jumbled up into one big clump, and I haven't figured out how to untangle it all. I need time to figure out which emotion goes to which boy. 

"After you," Harry said with a smirk, snapping me back into reality. He motioned for me to walk through the elevator door before him, as he held it open with his other hand. I made my way out of the elevator and down the hall to our front doors.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

"So, did I keep my word?" Harry asked after a short pause.

"About what?" I questioned, confused. 

"Did you have a good time?" he asked, a small smile playing on his bright red lips. My lips spread into a wide grin as I recalled him telling me that this morning.

"Yeah," I chuckled, "yeah, I did."

"Good," he grinned; lips spreading wide over his perfect teeth. He was so handsome. The way his face brightened up whenever he was happy. His eyes would always catch the light, making them gleam no matter how scarce the light was. He caught me admiring his glowing face before I had the chance to look away. "Are you gonna open the door?" he asked with a smug expression.

"Uh- yeah," I stuttered. I looked away quickly, my eyes making contact with my hands as I fumbled for the right set of keys. I must have been struggling for quiet some time, because the next thing I knew, a large pair of hands clasped themselves over my own.

"I got it," he smiled, pulling the jumble of keys out of my hands. He swiftly inserted the correct key into the keyhole, twisting the knob and pushing the door open. He motioned me ahead, following behind closely as he closed the door. "We're home!" he shouted into the huge flat.

"Katie!" I heard Lou shout as he dragged out my name. I could hear his voice travelling closer and closer until he finally appeared at the end of the entrance hallway. He was running towards me, and before a knew it, he had bent down and knocked my legs out from under me with his shoulder.

I collapsed, falling forward and conveniently over Louis' shoulder. He took this as an advantage and gripped me from behind the knees as they rested against his chest. My face was pressed against his back as he held me upside-down in a  fireman hold. 

"Louis!" I screeched is surprise, gripping my arms around his torso in an effort to keep myself from  falling off of his shoulder. "Louis! Put me down!"

"Never!" he yelled, gripping me from behind the knees tighter as he started to run, laughing like a maniac.

"Louis stop! Please!" I shouted, scared out of my mind but laughing none the less. "Harry!" I yelled, lifting my head to see Harry following behind slowly as he laughed so hard I could see the vein in his neck popping out.