27

Important author's note at the end. Make sure to read it!

"He was really drunk, Katie."

It was one in the morning and I couldn't sleep. The absence of Niall's strong, warm body beside mine made it almost impossible for me to even think about sleeping. The bed felt cold and way too big.

Eventually I got sick of tossing and turning and made my way into the hall. Liam's light was on in his room, so I had creaked the door open wider and asked if I could come in. A little while later, Harry had joined us.

"Like really drunk," Liam emphasized. "I've never seen him like that before."

"Me neither," Harry sighed, rubbing a tired hand down the side of his face. I felt bad for him. I knew what Niall said to him had hurt him.

"I don't know what to do," I admitted, dropping my head into my hands, my elbows resting against the knees of my crossed legs.

"You'll be okay," Liam assured, rubbing my back with a strong hand. "Trust me, Niall's going to wake up tomorrow and feel absolutely awful. He'll be apologizing for the next five years," he chuckled softly.

"It's not just that," I sighed, lifting my head to look at Liam. "You guys are going on tour. I mean, is it really a smart idea to start a relationship only to have you guys leave for a year?"

"She's got a point," Harry said tiredly, looking across the bed at Liam as well. Liam pressed his lips into a thin line.

"I guess," he finally said after a long silence. "But you shouldn't, like, break up with him or anything like that," he advised. "You guys have already come so far. If anything just don't start anything serious until he gets back from tour."

"Yeah," I sighed, falling back onto the mattress and rubbing my eyes, trying to ease the pain of the massive headache I had. I didn't want all of this mess anymore. Maybe it would have been easier if I hadn't decided to move in with these boys.

"You should get some sleep," Harry said in a low voice, and I could hear how tired he was. I nodded, peeling, my back off the mattress and crawling over to give Liam a well needed hug. Out of all the guys here, Liam was most like an older brother to me. He reminded me of Jared a lot.

"Come back if you need anything," Liam said, giving me a kiss on the top of my head and a final squeeze before letting me go.

"Okay," I replied, easing my way off the bed and walking towards the door where Harry was waiting. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," he responded, turning off his lamp. Harry and I made our way out into the hall again. I turned and started to make my way back to Niall's bedroom and was surprised to find Harry following me.

"I'm sorry about tonight," Harry said tiredly, rubbing the back of his neck. "If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be in this mess."

"Harry, don't," I sighed turning to face him as I leaned against Niall's bedroom door. "He was wasted, alright? He didn't mean any of it."

"Drunk words speak sober thoughts," he mumbled, and I dropped my gaze to the ground.

He's got a point.

"Listen... I have to tell you something," he sighed, almost reluctantly. I looked up at him, only to find that he was already staring down at me, nervously licking his lips.

"What is it?"

"Well, I know this isn't really the best time to tell you this, but... Katie, I l-"

"Oh, God," came the sound of Niall groaning from downstairs, quickly interrupting Harry. It was followed by the quick padding of bare feet against the floors and the cringe worthy noises of him vomiting up the alcoholic contents of his stomach. I closed my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose to curb the pounding in my head.