23

I couldn't stop the tears from rushing down my flushed cheeks.

"Jared," I repeated, trying to catch my breath. My shaking hands flew up to my face to cover my mouth. My vision was blurred by the salty tears, but I was almost certain it was Jared.

Was it really him? He wasn't supposed to be done his tour for another few weeks! And why was he here, in London? Why wasn't he in Canada seeing our family? Or in Ireland seeing our relatives?

Jared's smile grew even bigger; as if that were possible. And it was like his smile is what snapped me back to reality. As if on instinct, I ran. I ran to his awaiting arms and threw mine around his neck. 

"Hey, kiddo," Jared laughed, wrapping his strong arms around me and lifting me off the ground. He engulfed me in a tight hug; I could feel his chest vibrating as his laughter rumbled throughout his body. "Did you miss me?" he asked with a chuckle, giving me another squeeze. I clung to him like a life line, not planning on letting go anytime soon.

"Jared, you're back," I whimpered, trying to catch the breaths that the sobs stole from my lungs. "You're back. You're really back," I kept repeating, trying to convince myself more than anyone else. 

"Yeah, I'm back," he confirmed, rubbing up and down my back, trying to comfort me. "I'm right  here, Katie."

"Don't leave," I pleaded. "Don't leave. Please, Jared." 

"I'm not going anywhere," he said surely, putting me back on the ground. I refused to let go, tightening my grip around his neck to make sure he couldn't pry me off.

"I missed you so much, Jared," I said, keeping my face tucked into the crook of his shoulder.

"I missed you too, Katie," he cooed. I could hear the grin in his voice as he spoke.

"I was so worried that you wouldn't come back," I said, finally regaining some composure.

"Well I'm here now," he laughed, pushing at my waist to try and pull me off of him. "Don't I get to take a look at you? I haven't gotten a proper look yet!"

"Not yet," I mumbled, keeping my grip on him. I hadn't seen him in over year, and I wasn't ready to let go just yet.

"Alright, then," he sighed. With a low grunt he bent down and hooked his arm under my knees, lifting me effortlessly into the air as he held me to his chest. "Boys?" He asked. 

I had completely forgotten about the boys. 

Lifting my face from his neck, I glanced behind me at the boys. They were all grinning from ear to ear; Niall was taking a video with his phone, as was Harry and Liam. Louis and Zayn were also holding their phones up, but it was obvious that they were taking pictures because of the way they kept readjusting the  position.

"Is it okay if I put this on Twitter?" Harry asked with a huge grin as he looked at Jared and I. "It's just the happiest thing I've ever seen..."

"No problem," Jared agreed with a grin as he walked with me still in his arms. He made his way into the living room, dropping me flat on my back onto the couch as he snickered down at me.

"What the hell, Jared!" I exclaimed. I almost missed the couch when he dropped me. He just shrugged innocently, as if not knowing he did anything wrong.

Jerk.

 "You've changed," Jared said with a smile, looking down at me from where he stood, "but yet, you're still the exact same."

"That makes no sense," I retorted with an unattractive snort, triggering a fit of laughter from my brother, followed by the rest of the boys that have taken their seats on the surrounding couches.