Chapter IX: Rachel

Bruce drank his wine as he listened to jazz. He watched Rachel dance with Harvey, as Eddie drank alone with him.

Bruce: "Hey, Eddie."

Eddie: "Yeah, Bruce?"

Bruce: "Riddle me this. What douchebag who calls himself the White Knight of Gotham takes away the girl you like?"

Eddie: "The... Joker?"

Bruce: "Harvey, Eddie... F*cking Harvey, over there with Rachel."

Eddie: "Bruce, you just gotta stop being a Simp, man."

Everyone cheers for Harvey, who stands as Gotham's next Mayor, promising goodness and wealth for the city.

"Thomas Wayne f*cked this city up... I really am glad that our city gets the healing it deserves."

Bruce overhears this, and slams his head on the counter.

Eddie sighs and pats him in the back.

Apparently, in this universe, Marvel is mixed with DC. Meanwhile, the big superheroes, the Avengers, battle out the worldly threats, the street level heroes, like The Batman, battles smaller threats. As the timelines merged, the year became 1965, a few years after the second World War occurred, as the Vietnam War never existed, and was replaced by the War of the Americas, a war against the U.S. and the now-communist South American nations. This is Earth 1. The War has already finished by 1964, and technology became advanced, now becoming advanced like the 2010s. This is because in this universe, JFK was never killed. This is a new timeline, but barely anything changed in the heroes' lives... slightly. This is Earth Prime, the first universe.

Bruce: "F*ck off, Eddie. Let me have my peace. I should go on and call Tony for our boys' night out... Diana and Dick are out of town... and I'm left alone in the house ag-... What the hell?"

Suddenly, clown-masked criminals charged inside the halls as Bruce calmly observes.

Bruce: "Eddie... Try to get out of here-..."

Suddenly, the entire place is held hostage by... The Joker.

The Joker moves erratically.

The Joker: "Well... Well... Well. What do we have here... Another crippled monkey in this circus... Harvey Dent. Gotham's White Knight."

Harvey: "Mr. J..."

The Joker laughs softly.

He licks his lips as he smeared some of his blood on Harvey's face.

The Joker: "Society... What a funny thing society is. Your people, your people have been controlling our society for decades. The rich... The... one percent... Leaving many of us to rot. I don't care about all that... Not anymore, at least. But a good friend of mine gave me the opportunity to... let this city... Burn... In the name of Ra's Al Ghul... I will destroy the White Knight, this city's hope."

The Joker then grabs Rachel from Harvey, as a gun points to Harvey's head.

The Joker laughs.

The Joker: "Now... With this mask... I will be a god. I mean, I don't have a god complex... Disgusting. I wanted to see what happens to a man if they wear this mask..."

The Joker puts the mask on...

The Joker's eyes brighten as he lets out a scream.

The mask falls on the ground.