39. Attention

We were all suited up and waiting. Sam was on the roof, Steve is in his apartment, and I'm, well I'm stuck to the wall waiting. "Heads up, special forces heading in from the south," Sam says through the comms. I push myself deeper into the shadow, waiting.

"Understood," Steve mutters.

"Do you know me?" We hear the beginning of his conversation through comms.

"They've set the perimeter," Sam tells us. And now I wait.

"I know you're scared. You have plenty of reason to be, but you're lying. Well the people who think you did are coming now, and they're not planning on taking you alive," Steve talks.

"Coming to me now. Web em up or wait?" I whisper.

"Web em," Steve mumbles. I wait a moment before there's a good amount of them lined up at the door then begin shooting. I crawl as far as I can in the corner and extend my wrist. Pressing the button on the center of my hands web fluid begins to shoot out. I web up three of the seven in one shot then two more in the other. Then they see me. Well it's always nice to be shot at huh.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be experts or something?" I shout. "Yet you can't hit a kid? That's sad," I yell above the noise. Jumping around I attach my web to one guys chest and pull myself towards him kicking him in the chest.

"Agh what the hell!" The guy shouts.

"She made me take her," Steve says to Bucky.

I web the man to the wall and focus on dodging bullets. Then the barrel of a gun touches my temple. "Hold," the person says. Holding her fist up to the others. "Who are you."

"Uh a little help here," I whisper.

"We got guys coming our way too kid one sec."

"I said who are you!" The woman yells.

"Someone you don't want to fuck with," I grunt. I grab the barrel and jump into the air spinning and kicking her in the face shooting a web at the other person with a gun trained on me and throw them at the other person coming down the stairs, webbing all three to a wall. Then the door flings open and a guy flys through the air and hits the wall. I web him quickly before he can fall. Bucky and Steve walk out. One with a gun trained on the staircase the other with a shield held outward.

"Great timing," I grumble. "More are coming we got get out," I tell them. I begin webbing off th entrances making it difficult to get in. Then we walk back into his apartment and Bucky jumps out the window. I missed someone and they're shooting again. "You got em?" I ask standing behind Steve.

"Put your hands up!" He yells.

"Okay!" I shout lifting my hand up and webbing his helmet. "I got him."

Then I'm running. I kick my foot off the shattered window making sure to push myself out far enough. "Sam southwest rooftop."

"Who the hell is the other guy?"

"We're about to find out," Steve mutters. Is that Bucky fighting a guy in a... catsuit? Same kicks the helicopter making it crash into the building and then Bucky jumps down and we're running after him again. He went into one of those car tunnel things. I try to shoot at cat suit guy but he's too fast. Running harder I begin to catch up and get a web on him, and he breaks it? How? Nevermind that's for later. I keep running and shooting webs keeping up with Bucky. I don't know where Steve or Cat suit is now. Then Bucky yanks a motorcycle out from under a guy and flips it around he jumps on and I climb on the back.

"God damn I hope this works," I mumble and shift in my seat. I turn around and shoot a web at the tire of a cop car and then the other causing it to flip and land on the top, blocking the rest of the street. Cat suit guy is running trying to keep up, and doing surprisingly well. I keep shooting webs but he dodges them. He leaps forward coming in contact with the motor cycle tipping us over, his claws scraping the ground. Bucky is trying to get him off and I keep punching but it's not affecting him we get sat back up straight and Bucky yanks his hand off and I pull him by the neck and he falls to the ground tumbling trying to regain his balance. Just before we exit Bucky threw something on the edge of the tunnel. A few seconds later it exploded. Cat suit leaped out of the rubble and his claws caught our tire and we rolled. I couldn't see straight but Cat suit wasn't interested in me. He leapt over Bucky just as a car came rolling through the rocks Steve running out infront of it. I stood up as soon as I could walk straight and shot two webs at the man I grabbed him by each of his arms and pulled him back as hard as I could. I twisted the web around my hands then flipped him back into the ground. I stopped unsure if he would get up, but then Rhodey landed a few feet infront of me and cops began surrounding us.