34. Perfect

Oh. Oh. That's. Well, that's not good.

"Oh," is all I can say. How can I forget dad? God he probably feels awful. "Oh," I say again. "Where did he go?" I ask.

"Tony went to his personal lab. Would you like to head down there?" F.R.I.D.A.Y. answers.

"Please," I get up and walk over to the elevator. "Wait not yet! I'm gonna make him some coffee first," I tell the AI.

"There is already some made if you'd rather use that," Bucky told me.

"Okay, thanks."

I grab our coffee cups from the cupboard and go towards the coffee maker to see a half full pot.

I decide to make mine an iced coffee and warm his up the way he likes it. Probably looks like I'm trying to sweet talk him into doing something at this point.

"You comin'?" I ask Bucky as I walk into the open elevator.

"Nah I'll stay behind on this one," he tells me leaning back on the couch and throwing an arm over the side.

"Okay I'll see ya later then," I say as the door shuts. I pull out my phone and text Peter as the elevator begins to move.

"Dad?" I ask as the doors open when the elevator comes to a stop.

"What's up kid?" I hear him call but I don't see him.

"Nothin' much, you want some coffee?" I ask walking towards the sound and finally see him ducking almost under his desk as he removes the boot from his suit.

"Always," he mumbles standing to his full height to take the coffee from me. "Does your stomach hurt yet?" He asks and I giggle slightly.

"Yet," I mumble before continuing. "No not yet. I feel fine actually but I think the medicine is still running it's course through me. Did you sleep last night?" I ask turning around and pulling a rolley chair toward me.

"'Bout fourty-five minutes I think," he mumbles before taking a sip of his coffee. I take a drink of mine as my mouth is attacked with ice cubes.

"That's not good for you. You need more and I will start making F.R.I.D.A.Y. track your sleep if you don't get into better habits."

"You know it probably does already right?" He laughs slightly. "It's got all of my- all of our data in it. Can monitor our heart beats, blood pressure, breathing whatever. Hell you've gotten your AI to scan you for injuries just being in the middle of the room, it's pretty awesome still to me. Being able to do all this stuff and amazing things I love it and I never want that to change."

"I'd like it to change," I pause think for a moment. I see dads race drop for a moment before I speak again. "Not as in make the things we've done like this go away, as in making them better be able to do more things," I explain. "What were you working on when I came in?" I ask.

"Well I was thinking of a new design for my next suit and I was taking this apart to see if there was batting I could fix in the footing," he explains.

"Oh nice," I tell him before taking a swig of coffee. "What if- nevermind," I laughed it off.

"Nah it's fine what were you gonna ask?" Dad says after the moment of silence from his coffee sip.

"It was nothing important," I mumble and my stomach growls saving me from more of explanation. "As my stomach has told you, I'm hungry," I pause to laugh. "Wanna go get some lunch?" I ask him.

"Sure," he chuckles though I know he didn't forget about my almost question.

We slurp our coffee's as we walk back towards the elevator and it opens and dad says "Main floor please Fri," before the door closes.

The lab is farther than most rooms we use so the ride is longer and he knows I've got something to say, so it's a rather uncomfortable ride.

"Bucky told me I forgot you and I'm so so sorry," I blurted out so suddenly it surprised even me.

"It's whatever," he rubbed his neck before drinking more coffee.

"No it's not, and I still feel bad," I say before sipping my coffee.

After a moment I hear dad suck in a breath and I look up to see him staring at the floor. "Things happen. Things will always happen and they wont always be good especially considering my uh line of work. But I'll always protect - uh do my best to protect you. All of you guys, the team too," he finished just as the elevator stopped.

"Fuck you dad you're gonna make me cry," I laugh as I walk away.

Everything felt perfect. I got my family back, I am back. Bucky's gonna propose soon, I've got Peter, Pietro's back, I'm finally healing well, and Dad feels okay. Everything is well.

Or so I thought.

Word count : 835

(A/n yo yo guys! I got my editor back so I finished this about two days ago and had sent it to him but his computer crashed so like it's unedited but in hope you like it! I'm sorry its so short but that's the only way I could make it line up the way I wanted. Since the two day wait I've wrote almost twice the amount of words for the next chapter in this so hopefully soon enough I'll get it out! Thank you for reading love you guys❤)