Chapter 42

A/N: First of all of you are amazeballs!! Why? Because I hit 10.1k reads ALL BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS!! Thank you so god damn much for taking the time to read this story. Also the Loucel/Larry fic I mention in the chapter is The Jock and The Nerd by Britt1D4Life. It's honestly imo one of my all-time fav Loucel/Larry fics. I HIGHLY recommend if you haven't read it go read it. That is all, enjoy this chapter!! 

*Kasie's POV* 

I don't what time it is because it's still dark outside and I don't bother looking at the clock that's on my dresser. But what I do know is that it's too hot for my liking. I'm swaeting more than I normally do. I throw Connor's arm that's lazily draped around me off without thinking. I also throw off the thin sheet that's covering both of us to try and find some cool air. I find cool air when it hits my body. I make sure Connor is still sleeping, he is. Thank god he is. Once I'm cooled down and my sweating has stopped I go back to sleep. 

Not even an hour later or what I think is an hour, I bolt up and start coughing A LOT. I try to keep quiet without waking Connor but I fail when I see his body slowly move and he slowly opens his eyes. 

"Sorry," I mumble through coughs and climb out of bed, going to the bathroom to get some water. I fill a glass with cold water and drain it before going back to bed.

"Sorry Con," I mumble when I lay back in his open arms. 

"You okay now?" He asks softly. Although it's soft I can still hear the raspiness of the morning in his voice. I nod and shut my eyes to try and get back to sleep. I don't fall back asleep immediately but Connor does. If light snores coming from his mouth weren't a sign. I smile and eventually drift into a state of what I think is sleep. 

I wake up for a third time a few hours later. I just give up this time. I wasn't really hot or coughing, I just couldn't sleep anymore. I finally look at the clock, which is a bit blurry cause I'm not wearing my contacts but I can make it out to read 9:30. Great, I never wake up this early. I internally groan and carefully get out of Connor' grasp, grabbing my glasses that I rarely used and laptop. I sit on the floor and turn the brightness down on the screen even though it's a little light outside. I log onto my Wattpad account and pick up where I left off on rereading one of my all-time favorite Loucel/Larry stories. 

By the time I finally look at the clock on my laptop an hour and half has passed. I see Connor moving out of the corner of my eye. He's been doing that occasionally so I don't think anything of it. I continue reading the story but I only get a few lines in when Connor speaks. 

"What you doing cutie?" He asks sitting up and rubbing his eyes, his voice still thick with morning. 

"Just reading," I reply shrugging and looking up at him over the top of my screen. Then my stomach start to churn and I feel like I have to vomit. I clamp my hand tightly over my mouth and make a b-line to the bathroom. I don't lock the door because if I would have I would've thrown up all over the tile floor. I make it just in time and throw up all of what was left in my stomach from last night. I feel Connor pull my hair back and rub large circles on my back. 

Once I'm finished I flush the toilet and wash my hands. Connor hands me my toothbrush. I offer him a small smile as a thanks and brush my teeth. 

"You okay there love?" Connor asks when I come out of the bathroom. I run a hand through my hair and fix it but end up putting it in a ponytail. 

"Yeah. Probably just food poisoning. I'll get over it," I reply and cough a little bit. My voice sounds different to me because my nose is all stuffy and clogged but I don't know maybe it's just me. Maybe it hasn't changed at all.