Chapter Eight (Chapter Seven: Part Two)

A/N: So I decided to split Ch. 7 into 2 parts so if you haven't read Part 1, I highly suggest you read that first before you read this part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Edited*

Kasie's POV

The feeling I had a few months back when I recieved the pass went away and never came back.

When we landed, we grabbed our backpacks and exited the plane, heading towards baggage claim.

"Mom?" I say getting her attention.

"Yes?"

"Um, when I got the pass on my birthday a few months back I --- " I stopped, I was confessing to her something I had never told anyone.

"You what?" She questioned, concern in her voice.

"I got this feeling that even though it's my first year of going to VidCon, I got the feeling that it was going to be different, in a way that scared me," I confessed.

"Scared you how?" My mom questioned, hint of concern still in her voice.

"It scared me to know that it could be good or bad or both. But I want it to be good and all, but the truth is I have a feeling it will be bad."

She stops, I almost bump into her, she turns around to face me, she places her hands lightly on each of my shoulders.

"Hun, I promise it will be fine. When we get to the hotel, we can do whatever you want. We could watch YouTube videos," She tells me with a wink. Her words soothe me as much as they did on the plane.

"Thanks Mom," I say, she pulls me into a hug and kisses my hair and smiles at me. We break out of the embrace and continue to make our way to baggage claim.

We pull our bags off the belt. I managed to fit all my stuff into one meduim sized suitcase. My mom managed a large suitcase. We grab our luggage and head to the rental car place in the airport. The people there handed us the keys to the Ford Focus we'd be driving for the next two weeks. We found the car and put our luggage in the back, we drove to the hotel in silence and parked.

Mom went inside to check-in and get our room keys, she came back a few minutes later with the keys and handed one to me. I put it in my Vera Bradley wallet which contained my Georgia driver's lisense and pictures of Connor Franta in it. People never go in my wallet, so I figured I'd put some pics of him in there. Is that so wrong? No? Yay.

We got into the elevator and got off at the second floor. Our room was 201A. The hotel was about a block away from the place VidCon was being held, so we were pretty close. I was hoping to try and catch a few YouTubers before VidCon ended. I'd signed up to go to all their meet and greets or meets up, whatever you wanna call them. The first event was two days from now.

Me and my mother wanted get here early so we could go to Disneyland, go shopping and check out the city. We found our room and walked, more like tumbled/fell in. I had been leaning against my suitcase which was leaning against my mom's suitcase which was leaning against my mom, we fell like domiones into the room. Mom was laughing.

"You. All. Right." She asked, between giggles.

"Yeah, you?" I asked, I too was laughing.

"Yeah," She said, getting up from the floor and offering her hand to help me up from the suitcase mound. I took it and got up from the floor.

We settled in and decided to find someplace to eat. We found a cute little pizza place and went it. We were immeidately greeted by a waiter who showed us to a booth and handed us menus. A different waiter, now waitress, approached us and took our drink orders. I ordered lemonade and Mom ordered Dr.Pepper, the waitress wrote our order down and walked off to get our drinks.

I decide to order a small pepperonni, black olive and mozzeralla cheese pizza. Mom decides on the pepperonni, sausage and mozzeralla cheese calzone.

The waitress came back with our drinks just as my mom set down her menu.

"So, we ready to order?" She asked, her name tag read, Kayla.

"Yes, I would like a small pepperonni, black olive and mozzeralla cheese pizza, please."

"Okay. And for you?" Kayla asks, as she writes down my order.

"I would like a pepperonni, sausage, and mozzeralla cheese calzone, please," Mom orders.

"Okay, your food will be right out," Kayla says as she takes our menus and walks off to check her other tables and place our order.

I look around the place, it wasn't too busy but we weren't the only ones in there. We sit in silence, absorbed in our thoughts. The food arrives a few minutes later. I dig into my pizza, man it was good. We ate again in silence, not the bad, awkward silence but the good kind of silence.

Mom gives me a little of her meal and i give her a little of mine. I try her meal. Hot Pockets are nothing compared to this. I think, the food was so good. I finshed my meal within ten minutes. I had ate everything so I was pretty full, I washed everything down with my lemonade. We paid and left.

It took ten minutes to get back to the hotel. It was only 8 o'clock but I was tired from the day's events. So I went over to my suitcase and pulled out a purple tank top and shorts. I grabbed my face wash, makeup remover, toothbrush and toothpaste, also my hairbrush.

I headed into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I changed, brushed my hair, removed my makeup,washed my face, and brushed my teeth. I got my dirty clothes and headed out of the bathroom and tossed them into my suitcase. I got under the covers and put my iPhone on the nightstand.

"Goodnight Mom," I said turning over on my side, my back facing her.

"Goodnight, hun, sleep tight," I hear her say before drifting into nothingness that is sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So this is the DAY before Connor and Kasie's first meeting which will be within the next chapter. A shorter chapter than the last one but the next chapter will be quite long as it will include Kasie and Connor's first meeting. So stay tuned. And stay beautiful and stay weird. Remember to vote, comment, and all that good stuff.

~ Panda

Twitter: @BeanieFrxnta

Kik: 5secondsoffranta