Chapter Twenty-Three

*Edited*

Alex's POV

"Miss?" I hear a voice ask. "Miss?" I opened my eyes and rubbed them.

"Yes?" I ask, yawning.

"Sorry to wake you but there are a few people that wanted to ask you a few questions about last night and what happened," The voice said, a doctor.

"Okay, send them in."

The doctor smiled and left. 2 people in police uniforms came in with notebooks and pens. One was a female with fair skin and her blonde hair in a tight bun. The other was a male and colored. They sat down on the chairs on the opposite side of the room from me. Kasie was still taking a nap and Carmen went home for a shower and some food, only agreeing after a small argument over who should go home for a shower and food.

"Hi, I'm Officer Kaylei (Kaylee) and this is my coworker, Officer Morgan," The female officer said, pointing to the male officer.

"Hi, I'm Alex," I spoke. I was nervous cause I had never spoken to the police before and the police are intimidating no matter what.

"We just wanted to ask you a few questions about what happened last night and the events leading up to it," Officer Morgan spoke.

I nodded and they opened their notebooks.

"Did Miss Zawadskii have any enemies leading up to the shooting?" Officer Kaylei asked.

"Since sophomore year, she was bullied by a group of girls but I don't think she had anymore."

"What were their names?" Officer Morgan asked.

"Ella Carwright, Katherine Hanes, and Katie Shell."

"Do you think it could be one of those girls?" Officer Kaylei asked.

"No, I knew they bullied her but I don't think it was them."

"Can you give a recount of events leading up to arriving here?" Officer Morgan asked.

I told them everything that happened from the time Kasie and I arrived at the party to the time we arrived at the hospital.

"Ok, do you know who this person is?" Officer Morgan held up a picture of someone. I moved closer so I could see it better. I recognized the face immediately. I couldn't believe it.....

"Yes, is that who......"

"Yes, that is who shoot your friend," Officer Morgan answered my question before I could finish my sentence.

"I can't believe it. But why?"

"We found out that he had some issues up here," Officer Kaylei tapped her finger to her temple.

It was.....

--Two Days Later--

Connor's POV

I arrived at Atlanta airport and was walking to the car with Alex. She was telling me what happened. I couldn't sleep at all cause my mind wouldn't shut up, wondering if Kasie was gonna be alright. I found out she was so I was relieved.

"Connor, you look exhausted, have you slept at all?" Alex asked when we were at the car. I put my small suitcase in the back of her car. She looked exhausted as well.

"No, I couldn't," I sighed in defeat. She gave me a small smile before turning her attention back to the road. We rode in silence. I laid my head against the window and looked out it. An hour later, she pulled up to the hospital.