Chapter Thirty

*Edited*

Kasie's POV

I finally decided to text Louis. 

[To: Louis From: Kasie]  Hey, I'm Kasie and you gave me your number so...um, 

It was pathetic but I was already making it awkward. It was one day after the One Direction concert and it was about 3 o'clock in the afternoon, I'd just gotten done with talking to Connor on the phone. I didn't tell him what Louis did (although I should have) but if I'm being totally honest right now, it's honestly not that big of a deal. He gave me his number, so I don't see that as much of a deal but if he'd kissed me, then I probably would've told Connor but it was just numbers. 

My phone went off, bringing me back to the present. 

[To: Kasie From: Louis]  Hey, uh, Kasie, do you want to meet me at the Starbucks on Westminster in about 20 minutes? 

Wait? What? Wait, was Louis asking me out on a date? He couldn't be. But I decided to go anyways, because how often does the Louis Tomlinson of One Direction ask you a question like that? Besides, it could just be a friendly thing. And Westminster was only 5 minutes from my house. I typed a reply saying I would go. 

I drove the 5 minutes and ordered myself a Java Chip Frappicino and sat down at a table in the back of the small cafe that was located by a large window. My name was called so I got up and got my drink and sat back down at the the table and waited for Louis to arrive. 

Ten minutes later, I saw that familiar face walk in and order himself something. He spotted me and walked over to me, siting down in the seat across from me.

"So, what's up?" I asked awkwardly. I wanted to say 'So why does the Louis Tomlinson want the attention of an average girl like me?' but I wanted to make a good first (or second) impression and shoved that question as far down my throat as far as it would go. 

"Well, you see," He was cut off by his name being called and he went to get his drink. I sipped mine and sat up properly. I had been siting with my hands folded across my stomach and I looked very pissed off. 

He came back and sat back down in the chair across from me. "As I was saying, um," He stopped like he forgot what he was going to say. "Sorry, I-I-I," I put my hand on the table and let it rest there. I was looking at him, waiting for him to continue. He seemed to be fighting an internal battle with his head and whatever he was trying (or wanted) to say wasn't coming out.

"It's okay, take your time," I said gently.

"I'm sorry, I may be crossing a boundary but you're really pretty, gorgeous, a-and I-I can't do this anymore," He said, he was looking me in the eyes and his were filled with tears threatening to pool over. I looked back with sympathy. His hand was now millimeters from mine.

"W-what do you mean, 'can't do this anymore' ?" I asked slowly, looking at him with eyes of sympathy. It tore me apart to see him so torn up about something when he was always the smooth talker of the group. 

        "Um," Louis ran a hand through his hair, tugging at it a little and looked down at the table. I was getting impatient but I decided to not let my impatience get in the way of this once-in-a-lifetime conversation, despite its awkwardness. All at once, the hand that was millimeters away from mine, was being held. 

I pulled away but I didn't dare slap him, although I wanted to. I grabbed my frappicino and stood up.

"Thanks for the compliment but I'm sorry, I can't. I-I should have told you t-that I h-have a b-boyfriend. I led you o-on and I-I-I'm sorry," I struggled to get the words out and with a heavy heart, I left. I mumbled 'I'm so sorry' over and over as I left, I didn't want to leave though. I couldn't stand that I had to turn Louis down but I had Connor and I would NEVER dream of hurting him.