Chapter 37

*Connor's POV* (6 Weeks Later- Mid December) 

        "Babe, I'm home," My wife Kasie calls into our house. 

        "Okay," I call back and continue to watch Tangled with our one-year old daughter Ellie. Kasie recently got a job as an assistant band director at the high school. We still live in LA though. Kasie and I have been together for four years now, married for two of those. We had Ellie a year after we got married. 

        "Hey sweetheart, how was work?" I ask when Kasie comes into the living room, giving her a quick kiss on the lips and forehead. 

        "Hi mommy, I missed you," Ellie says upon seeing her mom. She lifts her arms in the air, signalling she wants to be picked up. Kasie picks her up. 

        "I missed you too El. Were you good for daddy while I was gone?" Kasie asks Ellie, placing her on her hip. Ellie nods. 

        "Work was good. The kids worked so hard today," Kasie says, answering my question. 

        "That good, love," I reply. 

        "Daddy?" Ellie speaks up. 

        "Yes El?" I look at my daughter. 

        "Can we take a bath now?" She asks, giving me puppy dog eyes. Ellie and I had a nightly thing where we would take a bath together after Kasie got home. 

        "Sure we can princess," I say, taking Ellie from Kasie and walking toward the master bathroom. I kiss Ellie on the forehead as I walk. 

        "No daddy," She playfully shoves my face away which only gets her more kisses. I shower her with kisses and bring out the tickle monster when we get to the master bath. 

        "Here comes the...tickle monster," I say and tickle her until she's begging me to stop. 

        "Da-addy, st-o-op," She says in between giggles. I smile and leave the bathroom. I strip off my shirt and jeans, leaving on my boxers. I don't wanna scar my daughter for life. Kasie has followed and by the time I get back in the bathroom, Ellie is fully undressed and is splashing water everywhere. 

        "Daddy," She says, splashing water. 

        "I'm coming El," I say, stepping into the bath tub and sitting in the luke-warm water. I spot Kasie standing in the door frame and mouth a 'thank you' before turning back to Ellie, who is splashing water and playing with her toys. 

I smile and grab the shampoo bottle after wetting Ellie's short brown hair. A quality she got from me. She also has my nose. But she has Kasie's dark blue eyes and her laugh. 

As I'm washing out the shampoo, I feel a kiss being placed on top of my head and a voice that I've grow accustomed to over the past 4 years whisper in my ear. 

        "I love you. Both of you. You're a great father," Kasie whispers. My cheeks turn a pale pink at the words. I turn and kiss her on the cheek. I finish up the bath and drain the tub. 

        "Time for bed El," Kasie says, drying off Ellie and taking her to her room to put on pj's. I shut the bedroom door and strip off my wet boxers, putting on dry ones along with sweatpants and a t-shirt. I grab a towel and clean up the water that Ellie splashed on the floor. I throw the towel  in the hamper and walk to Ellie's room. I find Kasie singing her to sleep, like she does every night.