19. Thnks Fr Th Mmrs

WARNING: There will be things related to suicide in this chapter that might be triggering for some people, so if you don't want to read it, there will be a brief summary afterwards.

Also, for those who aren't Fall Out Boy fans, the chapter title is "Thanks For The Memories"

Leo's POV

By the time Hazel got to my room, I had already made dozens of cuts on my wrists with a small knife I found lying around. There was a pool of blood on my bed and I thought I was going to pass out from blood loss.

Hazel burst through the door, her eyes widening. "Leo!" she yelled, grabbing the nearest piece of cloth, which was one of Nico's shirts, and pressing it to the inside of my wrists.

I started to sob violently, my cries so loud that the whole ship could probably hear me. Hazel dragged me to the bathroom and washed out my cuts, covering them in bandages, which were immediately stained red.

As she was doing this, I saw someone walk by and pause in the doorway. It was Nico. He stood there and looked at me, then at my wrists. He immediately started to cry, reaching out to me as if he was going to hug me, then quickly leaving.

I wanted desperately to cry out to him, but the words wouldn't leave my mouth. Nico, I thought to myself. My precious Nico...

I grimaced, remembering that I could no longer call him mine. In a fit of anger, I tore off the bandages and ran back to my room, almost doubling the number of cuts my the time Hazel got there.

This time, I did pass out.

When I woke up, Hazel was looking over me. She breathed a sigh of relief. "Leo, thank the gods you're alive," she said.

I smiled weakly up at her. My arms didn't hurt as much now, but they were still a bit sore. "Hey, Hazel...where's Nico?" I asked curiously.

That was odd. I expected my boyfriend to be the one worried about me, not Hazel.

"He's waiting outside," Hazel replied. "He wasn't sure if you would want to see him."

I tilted my head slightly. "Why wouldn't I want to see him?" I questioned. "I love him!"

Hazel frowned. "Leo, what do you remember?" she asked me.

"I passed out from blood loss," I replied. "Because I self-harmed." I furrowed my eyebrows in concentration. "Although I don't remember why I cut in the first place...."

*************

SUMMARY:

•Hazel goes to Leo's room and sees that he's hurt himself.

•She bandages him up.

•Nico stops by and bursts into tears, then leaves.

•Leo gets upset and hurts himself some more.

•He passes out, and Hazel bandages him up again.

•Leo wakes up and asks where Nico is.

•He doesn't remember why he hurt himself and thinks that he and Nico are still together.

**************

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and/or comment. I love you all! :)