18. A Dysfunctional Machine

Sorry for not updating...I started high school and was super busy, but now I'm back! Enjoy ^.^

**************

Nico's POV

I made my way to the deck of the Argo II and sat on the edge, putting my head in my hands. "How did things get so bad?" I wondered aloud, tears starting to roll down my cheeks.

I loved Leo so much...why couldn't he see that? I sighed and glanced beneath me at the clouds that we were flying above. It would be so easy just to jump off...

No. I wouldn't do it, not when Leo and I still had a chance. At least, I thought we did. He had to come around, right? He had to realize that I loved him! Wait...I needed to make him realize. I needed to show him that he was everything to me, and that he was the only one who occupied my heart.

But how?

I bit my lower lip and paced on the deck, my hands clasped behind my back. Think, think, think...aha! The idea was so crazy, so insane...that it just might work.

Of course, if it didn't work, well...let's just say I'd be extremely embarrased. But it had to work!

In the meantime, though, I was worried about Leo. What if he hurts himself? What if he has the same idea as me and jumps off the deck? I couldn't let that happen.

I went back inside the Argo II and knocked on Hazel's door.

"Come in!" she called, and I did. I sat next to her on her bed and sighed quietly.

"Hazel, I need your help...I have an idea to get Leo back, but while I'm working on it, I need to make sure he's safe. Will you help me?"

Hazel nodded. "Of course, Nico...what do you need me to do?"

"Watch him," I replied simply. "Make sure he doesn't do anything bad to himself...I assume you know what I mean."

She nodded solemnly. "I know," she said quietly. "I'll do it, Nico. And I really hope your plan works. Leo needs you, you know. He can't function properly anymore without you. It's like he's a machine and you're the oil. You keep him running smoothly."

I nodded. "Thank you, Hazel...that means a lot to me." I took a deep breath and stood up. "Well, I'd better get to work."

Hazel nodded. "Good luck, Nico!" she called as I left the room.

I chuckled to myself, muttering, "I'm certainly going to need it."

**************

I hope you guys liked this chapter...don't forget to vote and/or comment! :3