1. A Night on the Argo II

Nico's POV

I awoke to the sound of metal clanging. Throwing the blankets off myself, I got up and glanced at Leo's bed. Being the only two without girlfriends, Leo and I had to share a room. It wasn't that bad, though. Leo was pretty cool, and, being the usual Leo, he had decked out the place.

It took a minute for my sleepy mind to register that Leo's bed was empty. I quietly walked to the door and opened it without a sound. The noises became louder as I neared the deck of the Argo II. The outline of a short boy was in the distance, and as I got closer, it formed the one and only Leo Valdez. I walked up behind him, my bare feet not making one noise. Leo was sitting at the edge if the deck, a hammer in one hand and a piece of scrap metal in the other. He hit the metal repeatedly, tears streaming down his face. I crouched down next to him and lightly tapped his shoulder. Leo whipped around quickly, his eyes widening, then softening when he recognized me.

"Nico," he breathed, having dropped the hammer and scrap metal on the deck and was now clutching his chest. "You scared me half to death!" he said, then laughed slightly because of his unintended pun.

I gave him a weary expression and sat down beside him. "Leo, are you--" I began, but he buried his head in my chest, the tears starting up again. I stroked his hair, not really finding it necessary to continue. I knew what he was going through. Leo talked to me about it often, and I listened, sometimes comforting him. But here, he seemed more vulnerable, maybe because of the abundance of tears, or maybe because we were outside and it was nighttime. Whatever the reason, I could tell he really needed me tonight. Finally Leo looked up at me, the tears subsiding a bit.

"Nico...will you.." he trailed off, sobbing heavily. I stroked his hair again, noticing how soft it was, and how I'd love to just run my fingers through it forever.

"Will I what?" I asked Leo in a hushed voice. He looked at me, his cheeks turning pink.

"Will you hold me?" he asked, sounding innocent and vulnerable, and just so...cute. I smiled, a blush spreading across my face.

"Of course, babe," I said, not intending to say the last word, but not regretting it, either. I pulled Leo into my lap and wrapped my arms around him, his lips curling into a smile. Everything about him--his hair, his cheeks, his smile, even his tears--was too much for me. I leaned down and planted a quick kiss on his cheek. Leo looked up suddenly, his whole face reddening. I looked down, embarrassed.

"Oh my gods, Leo, I'm so sorry..." Leo cut me off by pressing his mouth against mine. I smiled through the kiss and deepened it, my hands digging into his back. Leo sat up and wrapped his legs around my waist.

"Hey, Ghost Boy," he said teasingly, pulling away slightly. "It's getting late...maybe we should head back in? As much as I love this, I don't want to be caught by Hedge."

I nodded and stood up, then took Leo's hand and pulled him up. We walked back to our room together, hand in hand. Once safely inside and in bed, Leo stood up and walked over to me.

"Um, Nico," he said, his fingers fiddling nervously. "I'm still a bit shaken up about...you know. C-can I sleep with you?" I smiled and grabbed his waist, pulling him onto the bed.

"Always," I said, kissing his nose. He grinned and lay down next to me, resting his head on my chest.

And that's exactly how we slept for the rest of the night.