17. The Return of Seaweed Brain

Leo's POV

A few weeks had passed, and things were getting tense around camp. Percy had just returned with Annabeth, and I caught Nico stealing glances at him quite often.

As for me, I rarely spoke to Percy, and he was started to think something was up. I wanted to talk to him, really...I just couldn't. Not when I knew my Nico had liked him.

I sighed and walked to dinner, my hand laced with Nico's. We looked the same, but something between us had been a bit off ever since Percy arrived.

"Leo," Nico said softly, distracting me from my thoughts. "Are you okay, baby?"

I let out a small sigh. "Not really," I muttered. "Why do you keep looking at Percy like that? You don't still like him, do you?"

Nico sighed. "Of course not," he said. "You know I love you with all my heart, Leo. It's just..."

"Just what?" I demanded, my heart beating rapidly.

"I've had a crush on Percy for years," Nico finished. "It's a bit hard to get over him..."

I bit my lip, immediately taking my hand away from Nico's. "You lied to me!" I yelled. "You told me you were completely over him, but you're not, are you?"

"Leo, please," Nico said gently. "I love you, and only you."

"No you don't!" I exclaimed, tears streaming down my face. "You love him! I've seen the way you gaze at him! Just go away, okay? It's over! I don't want to see you ever again!"

"Leo--" he began, but it was too late for me to hear the rest.

I ran all the way back to our room and locked the door, sitting down on my bed. I sobbed loudly into my hands, and caught a glimpse of my 'I <3 Nico' bracelet. I glared at it and tore it off, then threw it across the room.

"You're such an idiot, Leo," I muttered to myself. "I can't believe you actually thought someone could love you..."

************

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! I promise things will get better, don't worry. Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and/or comment :3