2. Hazel's Flowery Visit

Leo's POV

I awoke to a girl's voice: "You guys are in so much trouble!" I thought back to all the repairs I made on the Argo II, wondering what I could have possibly done wrong.

Then I opened my eyes and realized I was still in Nico's bed. And Hazel was standing over us, her arms crossed.

I lifted my head off of Nico's chest, blushing. "H-hazel..."

She sat down on my bed, her legs dangling over the edge. Nico opened his eyes and spotted Hazel. "Oh, shit," he muttered.

"Relax," Hazel said casually. "I'm just here to discuss payment for my silence."

I frowned. "So...you're not grossed out or anything?"

She shook her head. "Nope, I think you guys are cute. But I doubt the others would agree."

I sighed. "Fine. What do you want?"

She gave us a mischievous smile. "Well, I already have all the riches I could ever want, so...you two must wear flower crowns the whole day."

She reached into the bag she was carrying and pulled out two crowns made of pink, yellow, and white flowers.

Nico burst out laughing. "What, you just carry flower crowns everywhere?"

Hazel grinned. "Actually, I saw you guys last night on the deck. So I figured I could get some laughs out of this. Besides," he said, her tone more serious, "I think we could use a little humor at the moment, with Percy and Annabeth in Tartarus and all."

Nico nodded. "You're right," he said, taking my hand and turning towards me. "You in?"

"Of course!" I said with a smile, lifting one of Hazel's crowns onto my head and striking a pose. "How do I look?"

Nico laughed. "Adorable," he said, kissing my nose. I took the other crown and placed it on his head. "Now you look adorable, too, Ghost King."

Hazel made a gagging sound. "Let's go, lovebirds," she said, exiting the room.