8. Oh Gods, He's Gone

Nico's POV

I woke up the next morning with a strange feeling, almost as if something was wrong. Huh. I swore Leo had crawled into bed with me last night, but he wasn't here. I looked across the room at Leo's bed, which was also empty. He was probably at breakfast already. I was usually the last to wake up. With great power comes the great need to take a nap, after all.

I exited my room and sluggishly made my way to the dining room, where everyone was already eating breakfast, looking lively and bright-eyed. How they managed to be so alert this early, I had no idea.

Wait a minute. Everyone was here except for one person. And that person, naturally, was Leo.

"Uh, guys, where's Leo?" I asked my fellow demigods.

"I don't know. I assumed you two were having an early morning make-out session," Jason replied bitterly, not making eye contact with me.

Piper glared at him, then gave me a look of sympathy. "Have you tried the deck, Nico? He likes to go out there sometimes."

"Thanks, I'll check," I replied quickly, running through the halls of the Argo II. I checked the deck, the engine room, everywhere. No sign of Leo.

I went back to the dining room, earning worried looks from everyone but Jason. "Leo's gone," I said quickly. "I checked everywhere on the Argo II and...he's not there."

My knees buckled and I fell to the ground, sobbing into my hands. Jason walked over and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, we'll find your boyfriend," he said reassuringly.

Maybe Jason wasn't so bad after all.

***********

Thanks for reading chapter 8!! Don't forget to vote and/or comment :)