4. The Confession

Hey, y'all! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but here is chapter four!! I know you're all so very excited. Yeah, probably not. Anywhore, enjoy!!

****************

Leo's POV

Nico and I had decided, after our very passionate make-out-and-other-things session, that we would tell the crew about our relationship at dinner. But, being the extreme wimps that we were, we didn't have the guts to do it quite yet.

So, there I was, sitting at my desk, writing as usual. But this time, I was writing what Nico and I would tell the crew if we ever had the nerve to. And then, I realized with horror, we'd have to eventually tell Percy and Annabeth. Nico stood behind me, reading over my shoulder and pointing out the occasional error or giving casual suggestions.

I enjoyed his company, the brush of his skin against mine as he leaned over me, even though I'd rather make out. But, sadly, that wasn't possible all the time. And I think we both wished it was.

As Nico and I were writing, Jason poked his head through the door. He gave us a weird look, and I realized that Nico had his arm around me. Shit. Jason tilted his head, most likely about to say something, but I interrupted. "Oh, screw this," I muttered, crumpling up the paper and grabbing Nico's hand, dragging him to where the others were hanging out. A very confused Jason followed us.

Piper, Hazel, and Frank were in the middle of a game of Monopoly, with Hazel asking a question every few seconds. I cleared my throat, and suddenly everyone's attention was on me. I gave the crew a little wave, thankful that Hedge wasn't present.

"Hello--" I started to say, but then Nico went to stand beside me and held my hand.

Before I could get another word out, Nico blurted, "Leo and I are dating." I gave him a look, like, Why the hell did you just do that? I had a plan! Nico ignored me and I looked instead at the shocked faces of our crew.

Piper was the first to speak. "That's so cute!" she exclaimed, clasping her hands together. "My mom told me you guys would make a good couple."

At this, both Nico and I blush darkly, our gazes now directed at our shoes. "I agree with Piper," Frank said happily. A little too happily. I was pretty sure he was just happy that I wouldn't be going after Hazel anymore.

Jason was the only one who didn't seem too happy for us. He stares at us, his lips parted slightly, as if he still hadn't processed the information. "Leo..." he finally managed to choke out. "Y-you're gay?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, Nico's secretly a girl--of course I'm gay!" I exclaimed, my hands waving around in the air wildly. "Honestly, Jason, you look like you've seen a ghost. What's up?"

Jason didn't say a word, just ran off to his room and shut his door. Piper went to go see what was wrong, and I was left with Nico, Hazel, and Frank. "What's Jason's problem?" I asked no one in particular.

Frank gave a little shrug. "Dunno, man. Maybe he's homophobic...who knows."

Hazel nodded, her fingers laced with Frank's. "Yeah, he could be. I'm sorry, Leo. I thought the crew would be fine with it."

I sighed loudly. "Almost everyone was," I said in a deflated voice. "Except for my best friend."

******************

And that's the end if chapter 4!! Chapter 5 is coming soon!! Please vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this :)