Chapter 11

JOHNS POV

Before I knew it, it was time for Katy to start pushing, but I didn't want anything to do with it. I don't really want to know what's going on down there. I just stood beside Katy holding her hand.

"Come on Katy you can do this! She's almost here!" I said to Katy.

"John no I can't do this. It hurts..." she moaned.

"I know it does but you have to get through it. Just imagine in a little while, she'll be here in our arms." I said. I kissed her hand as she looked up and smiled at me.

"You're right. Let's do this." she said as she looked down at her belly.

Everything was like a daze...

All I could here was Katy screaming her head off and the doctors yelling "PUSH!" I didn't even know what I was doing. But Katy didn't seem to notice, so I guess whatever I was doing, was the right thing.

"Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Mayer! It's a beautiful baby girl!" the doctor announced.

Katy was crying. I was just standing there in amazement.

"Here she is." the doctor said as she handed Katy the baby.

"Oh my gosh." Katy whimpered as she held her.

KATYS POV

"Here she is." the doctor whispered as she handed her to me.

"Oh my gosh. Hi baby girl." I whispered.

She was wrapped in a white hospital blanket with a little pink hat on. I can't believe she is finally here. I don't even know why I was so worried, this is the best feeling in the world. I've never felt this way about anyone besides John, but the feeling when you have a baby is totally different. It's like a masterpiece you created. Knowing that you created this person with just pure love is breath taking.

John sat down next to the hospital bed and kissed her on the forehead.

"Katy this is amazing." John said as he wiped tears from his eyes.

"John stop. You're going to make me cry even more." I giggled as I wiped more tears from my eyes.

"Katy? Would it be okay if I held her?" John asked.

"Yeah. Here she is. Just be careful." I said.

I handed her to John and he starred down it here with amazement in his eyes. I could tell John loves her just as much as I do.

"What do you want to name her?" He asked.

"I don't know." I then got a tissue and wiped my tears.

"How about Scarlett? She looks like a Scarlett." John said.

"I love it."

"Alright. How about Scarlett Elizabeth? She'll have the same middle name as you." John asked.

"That's perfect. Scarlett Elizabeth it is."

I filled in her birth certificate and John was feeding Scarlett a bottle. I know he is going to be an amazing father. John then handed her back to me.

My Mom, Dad, Angela, Stella, and David then walked in the room.

"Hey Guys!" I whispered.

"Who's this little one?" My mom whispered in excitement.

"This is Scarlett." I said.

"Oh how cute. I love that name." Angela said.

"Is that...baby?" Stella asked as she walked closer to me.

"Yes this is baby. Her name is Scarlett. Do you want to hold her?" I asked Stella.

"Yeah I would love to hold baby." She said with joy.

"Okay I need you to come sit next to Auntie K on the bed here." I said to her as I patted the spot next to me.

She climbed onto the bed and just looked at Scarlett.

"Here you go. Just be careful." I said as I gave her to Stella.

"Aw she is so cute!" Stella giggled.

"Did you know that this is your cousin?" I asked.

"I have a cousin? YAY!"

"Shhhh you have to be quiet or you'll wake up the baby." I said as I put my finger up to my lips.

Stella then gave Scarlett a kiss on the forehead and I took Scarlett back.

Scarlett then squirmed her little arms and held my finger.

Her eyes were still closed and I put my hand behind her head, and pulled her close to kiss her nose. John was snapping pictures of us with his phone as he smiled.