Chapter 9

It's the day of the baby shower. I woke up next to Johns comforting smell. His shirt was off and his cologne found its way into my nose. I love him.

I turned around to face him. I could feel his warm breath blow all over my face. I kissed his lips and turned back over. I knew he was sound asleep.

I then felt warm arms wrap around me as he kissed my temple.

"Good Morning." he whispered.

"Good Morning." I said.

"How's the baby?"

"She's good. Only a couple of days to go. Ugh gosh I'm just scared of the pain. I don't want it to hurt, but I mean I know it'll all be worth it in the end. But by the way? Have you thought of any names yet? I mean, I don't want to wait until the day she's born. I want to think of some names now. Which names do you like?" I asked John.

"I like let's see here...Scarlet, Chloe,uhhh Penelope, Paige. That's all I can really think of right now.

"I like them. I like Madeline, Hazel, Amelia, and Emily."

"I like all of those names. I guess we'll see. I don't want to name her now."

"Well I need to get ready for the shower. Can you help me out of bed?"

"Sure. The crew is already here to set up for the shower. So by the time you're done, they'll most likely be done." John said as he helped me up.

I got so hypnotized when I looked at John. He's just my dream man. I'm so happy that I chose to be with him, and hopefully have more children with him. He's just ugh I don't even know how to explain my love for him. It's too strong.

I kissed him harshly on the lips and he pulled away after a few seconds.

"What was that for?" he chuckled.

"Hmmm nothing." I smirked. I went to the bathroom to go take a shower. I got in the shower and shampooed my hair when I found myself singing unconditionally. It was my favorite song off of prism and it's mostly about John. But now that I'm pregnant, it's about the baby too.

When I got out, John was already downstairs all ready.

I went to my closet and picked out a light pink sundress with a beige cardigan and some sandals. It was a little chilly. It was November in California.

I put on my outfit and went back to the bathroom. I did my makeup and curled my hair into loose waves.

I went downstairs and John was waiting at the island for me.

I tapped on his shoulder and he turned around to look at me.

"You look...beautiful." he said.

"Thanks Hun." I said as I blushed.

He then got up, and gave me a hug. It wasn't one of those quick, friendly hugs that only last a second. It was a long, sincere, loving hug. John hadn't given me a hug in a really long time either. I wonder what that was for.

"I love you Katheryn." he whispered.

"I love you too John." I whispered back.

We pulled away when we heard the doorbell ring.

"Ooo the guests are here!" I said cheerfully.

I opened the door to see my whole family. They were holding gifts and balloons and baskets of all sorts. My family was amazing.

"Hello!" they all said in sync.

"Hello Everyone! Thank you all for coming!" I said as I opened the door to go outside.

The baby shower was amazing. It was really nice to get all of my family together.

Stella and I just sat at one of the tables outside. It was a beautiful day...

Stella and I were just cuddling when I felt something. It was very unusual. I didn't know what it was.

"Stella I need to get up to go talk to Uncle John. You stay here." I said.

"Ok Auntie K." she replied in a sad tone.

I pulled myself up and walked over to John who was chasing all of the little kids around the yard.

"John honey I think I'm going to go lay down for a while. I'm not feeling very well." I said as I clutched my stomach.

"Okay Honey. Are you okay? Do you want everyone to leave?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. And no they can stay." I said.

"Okay. Everyone is leaving in about 20 minutes anyways."

I just walked slowly inside the house when I saw Stella standing there.

"Auntie K? Are you okay?" she said in a sad tone. I then saw a tear fall from her cheek. She was holding the little elephant stuffed animal I gave her the day she was born.

"Yes Stella. I'll be okay. I just don't feel well right now." I replied.

"Can I cuddle with baby?" she asked.

"Sure. Come on let's go lay down on the couch." I said as I took her hand.

I laid down on the couch and Stella joined me.

"Auntie K? When will baby be here?" she asked.

"Hopefully soon. I won't be able to tell. I'm almost to my due date, which means it's almost going to be the day shes born. But I don't know sweetie. We'll see." I replied.

"Okay." she said.

"Stella honey! It's time to leave. And you need to leave Auntie K alone. She doesn't like it when you bother her." Angela said.

Stella looked up at me with sad eyes as Angela came over to her.

"Bye." she muttered.

"Bye Stella." I said as I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

Everyone left and the pain seemed to go away.

"Ugh. Well that was tiring." John said as he shut the back door.

"Yeah. It really was." I sighed.

"Why don't we get some rest?" John said as he sat next to me on the couch and patted my back.

"Yeah. I need sleep." I said.

PLEASE COMMENT ON WHAT BABY NAME YOU LIKE💕