Chapter 34

It's Christmas Eve and everyone is over our house. I love having family over and especially because I'm busy most of the time, I love seeing my family.

This year has gone by so fast. There's so many amazing things that have happened and I'm so grateful for everyone and everything. This year has been one of the greatest years of my life. Scarlett turned five, I released a few singles, I won a ton of awards, and I'm still completely in love with John, but I don't think my love for him will ever die down.

---

The house is full of people, and all different kinds of noises. My family is constantly asking if the baby is doing alright, and if I'm excited. It's usually the same answer, but I have a ginormous family so none of them understand.

"How's that little girl doing in there?" My mother asked.

"Great. She's just a little heavier than usual. It feels like there's 2 babies in there." I joked.

Her eyes widened, maybe just concerned that it is twins.

"Katy honey; are you sure it's not twins?"

"I'm positive. The doctor told me in the beginning that this baby is just a bit heavier, and I shouldn't pay attention to it until she's close to being born."

"What're you going to name her?"

"Oh mom. We don't know that yet." I chuckled.

She smiled and the John came up from behind me and scooped me up, and carried me bridal style.

"John put me down." I laughed, demanding him to stop.

"Take care of her, John." My mother said.

"I will." He replied, putting me down.

"Don't do that again. You know how my mother gets."

"Sorry." He tried to say without laughing.

"Stop it. It's Christmas Eve. Now let's go talk to a few people." I said as I pushed his chest.

---

The night went by fast, and it was time for Scarlett to go to bed.

"Scarlett?! It's time to go to bed!"

"I'm already in bed!" She yelled, coming from her bedroom.

"Wow." I chuckled.

John laughed and started cleaning up the area, while I went to go tuck her in.

"Merry Christmas love." I whispered into her ear.

"Merry Christmas Mommy." She replied, and pulled me in for a hug.

"Goodnight sweet pea. Remember to fall asleep. Santas coming."

"I know I'm so excited!" She screeched.

"Shhh quiet down now."

"Okay sorry. Night Mommy."

---

I kissed her forehead and stroked her cheeks. I'm so glad to have her as a daughter. She's my everything.

It's getting late, and I haven't even put out Scarlett's presents. This sure is exhausting.

"John?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you- Wait you finished wrapping the presents? And put them under the tree?"

"Yeah. Is that bad?" He chuckled.

"No. Not at all. Thank you. Now let's get some sleep. I have a feeling Scarlett's going to wake us up very early tomorrow."

He laughed and picked me up, then started to tickle me.

"Stop John!-

"Never!"

I could barely talk. He knows I'm very ticklish.

"Please John. It tickles-

"Nope."

He then carried me up the stairs and threw me onto the bed.

"You're not gonna get out of this." John smirked.

"Oh yes I am. Now leave me alone."

"Fine. If you insist." He said, laying down next to me.

I put on one of John's shirts, and got into bed.

"What are you doing?" John laughed.

"What do you mean? I'm just getting into bed. Now shush. I need to sleep."

"I'm laughing because you're wearing my shirt; that says John Mayer on it."

"Well I'm supporting you. Now get into bed."

He got into bed and put his arm around my waist, while lightly kissing my neck.

"Goodnight Kate. Sweet Dreams."

I smiled and shut my eyes, thinking about him; and only him. The great times we've had together, our child, our marriage. All of these memories keep flooding back. And now it seems like I'm drowning in my own thoughts. I love him to death. I would take a bullet for him. He means so much to me.