Chapter 12

KATYS POV

It was time to bring Scarlett home today...and let me tell you...I was kind of nervous. I was going to have to go back to work soon, but not like on tour, just a lot of random concerts here and there, but I was still going to be busy with meetings, interviews, and photoshoots. I was going to have to take her with me, John was going to be busy too. Just not as busy as I am.

I woke up to the sound of Scarlett crying.

"Come on Scarlett. Shhhh it's okay." I heard John say.

That made me smile. He was trying to help. But it really wasn't working.

"John really? C'mon give her to me." I snapped. I didn't mean to go off on him but her crying was really giving me a headache. I guess that's one things about parenting though, you have to learn to cope with it.

"Ok." he whispered.

He handed me Scarlett and she was still crying.

"John. Really? She's just hungry." I said in a calmer tone.

"Well how was I supposed to know that?!" He yelled.

Scarlett cried even louder as John just stood there really pissed off.

"Jesus Christ John. You don't have to get so pissed off." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"I WAS TRYING TO HELP!" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

"You know what John?! You can get the F*** out of here! Just leave!" I screamed as I pointed to the door.

John looked at me with those angry eyes. I couldn't stand them. They brought me to tears.

I cried harder and harder as I held Scarlett. We just had a baby. What was I going to do if I lost him? I need him here. I can't raise a daughter on my own.

I fed Scarlett and she seemed so peaceful. I just missed John already. This was all of my fault. John and I have been through a lot. We've been on and off for the past 5 years and when he asked me to marry him I said yes. Was I making the wrong decision once again? Ugh I'm so stupid. Why am I even asking that to myself. John and I are meant to be.

I planted my hand into my face and just began to cry. Just knowing that John probably won't be here for all of this just makes me miserable. What if he doesn't come back? What if he's gone for good? Ugh this is so tough.

When Scarlett was done, she wrapped her little hand onto my finger and held it tight. It's amazing being a mother, I just don't know what I'm going to do without John.

JOHNS POV

When Katy went off on me and told me to leave, I was really upset. I didn't want to upset her anymore so I just left. I ran outside and called a taxi, Katy needed a car to bring Scarlett home in. It made me upset that I won't be there now. She kicked me out of my own daughters life. What am I going to do? I'm so miserable.

The taxi came and I got in. I went back to the house and packed my things. I then wrote a note...

Dear Katy,

I guess this is goodbye. I love you.

Sincerely,

John

I went upstairs and shoved all of my clothes and all of the other things I needed into the suitcase and ran back outside to the taxi.

"Where to?" he asked.

"The hotel down the street please."

He then started to drive and I looked out the window, just starring at all of the raindrops drip from the window. I'm so depressed. I don't even know what to do anymore.

KATYS POV

After a while, I decided I needed to get going. I was still so sore but I could get through. Scarlett was in the bassinet next to my bed. She was just sleeping there peacefully.

I just starred at her as I saw her chest move up and down as she breathed.

That's my baby right there. The one I created. With the one I love. Or now, "loved". I still love John, and I always will. It's just so complicated.

I then got changed into a sports bra, a baggy t-shirt, and some sweatpants with uggs. I grabbed the baby seat and strapped Scarlett who was still asleep, in the seat.

"Ready to go babe?" I asked. Then I noticed that John was gone. He wasn't here. I looked down at Scarlett when a tear trickled down my cheek.

I grabbed the carrier and walked to the front desk.

I checked out and walked outside. The paparazzi were blinding me with their flashing cameras. They knew that John wasn't here.

"Katy! Katy! Over here!"

"Did you and John split?!"

"KATU YOURE SUCH A SLUT! YOU ONLY USED JOHN FOR THAT STUPID BABY OF YOURS!"

I placed a blanket over the carrier and kept my head down.

That last comment really made me mad. I couldn't believe they would actually say something like that. But I can't let it get to me.

I finally got to the car and buckled Scarlett in. I ran to the other side of the car and got in. I drove off and left to go back home. I knew I couldn't cry, because I would get into another accident, so I just held back all of my tears.

I pulled into the driveway and surprisingly, there weren't any paparazzis. That was a huge relief.

I pulled out my keys and went to the back of the car to get Scarlett. It's so amazing how your days could go from so good, to so bad in such a short amount of time. Oh gosh I missed John.

I got Scarlett and went into the house through the garage...I didn't want anyone to see me.

I walked into the house, and I could automatically feel emptiness. Like there's nothing and nobody here. I'm just so mad at myself. I put the carrier onto the island and went to the fridge to get Scarlett another bottle when I saw a note from John that read.

Dear Katy,

I guess this goodbye. I love you.

Sincerely,

John

I suddenly just fell to the floor balling. Whenever he writes a note to me, he never calls me Katy, he calls me Katheryn. I'm such a fool. What am I even doing alive? I'm not even worth it.

SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER MADE YOU CRY:-(