Chapter 20

I woke up to the sound of someone whispering and someone's hands on my face. I turned around to see Katy trying to hold Scarlett back from lightly tapping my face with her hands.

"Shhh Scarlett don't wake up Daddy." she whispered.

I opened my eyes all the way and sat up.

"What are you two girls doing?" I asked playfully.

"Oh nothing." Katy said trying not to laugh.

"Mhm." I raised my eyebrow.

---

The day slowly went by and Katy and I were sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Katy Perry and John Mayer back together?" the Hollywood News reporter announced.

"It looks like John and Katy are back together. They were last seen walking back into their L.A home last Saturday."

"Can you turn this off? This is so stupid watching news about ourselves." Katy said as she put her hand on my knee.

"Yeah. I agree. Where's Scarlett?" I asked.

"Scarlett?!" Katy called.

"Ma-Ma!" she said as she peeked her head from behind the wall.

"Oh honey come here!" She said as she got up.

Katy sat back down on the couch next to me with Scarlett in her lap.

"Katy honey?" I asked.

"Yeah John?" she said as she cuddled with Scarlett.

"Uhh...how do I put this?"

"Put what?" she sounded concerned.

"What do you think about having another baby?"

"I think that's a pretty stupid idea." She didn't really seem focused on what I was saying.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well I think that one is enough for now. Maybe in the future. Plus, I think Scarlett is a little young to have a younger brother or sister." She said as she bounced Scarlett on her thighs.

"Al-alright." I said.

"I hope you aren't mad." she said.

"Nope. I'm not."

"Okay. Maybe in a couple years. You never know what the future will bring." she shrugged her shoulders.

"Sounds like a plan." I said. I wasn't mad. That's not really a reason to get mad. Don't get me wrong, I love Scarlett to death, but I think once she gets older, she would like someone to play with, to tell jokes to, to grow up with, you know what I mean. Katy and I have always talked about having a family. I remember when we just met and sat down in bed eating Taco Bell. Oh the good ole days...We used to talk about new albums and music, future plans, marriage, kids, you know it. I just kind of miss those days where we just talked for hours on end. But I'm so thankful for the relationship we have now. It's just perfect.

"John? John? Are you okay?" Katy said as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said as I nodded my head. I got up and off of the couch and went upstairs. I'm just so tired. I guess I need some sleep.

I walked up the stairs and went into our bedroom. I shut the door behind me and laid down on the bed.

I looked over to Katy's side and was just daydreaming. I just miss it. The sleepovers, the playful kind of teenager kisses, the awkward jokes, the non stop laughing, long cuddle sessions, just everything. I guess every relationship goes through phases. And I guess we're just at a weird phase. We both work a lot and we never really have time for each other.