Chapter 6

3 months later...

I was now 4 months pregnant and John and I have been getting along pretty well. I know in the beginning of my pregnancy we had that fight and the car accident. But now things are much better and most of my cuts are gone. I just want to stay healthy for this baby. Because if I'm not healthy, the baby isn't either.

The appointment when we find out the baby gender is coming up and I guess you can say I'm a little nervous. I don't really know what to expect or what I think. I can tell that John is so excited to be a father. He might even be more prepared than I am. I barely have any experience with babies anyways. I mean I love them and I know how to care for them, my sister has a baby anyways. But I have never had a baby myself so I don't really know what to think. But anyways, I think John is overly excited. It's so weird. When we first met, I thought he never wanted to have children. But for some reason, he really seems attached to this baby. He talks to my bump everyday, at least 5-6 times a day. He kisses me more than usual, but I know it's just coming from his heart.

I was just upstairs watching tv in bed when John comes up and lays down next to me.

"Hey Sweetie." he said.

"Hello." I said back as I just kept in watching tv. I wasn't really in the mood to talk. I don't know why.

"What's goin on in there little one?" John said.

"Stop it!" I giggled.

We then laughed. John was just staring at me.

I then pulled him in for a kiss. But it was a little more than a kiss. He pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"I'm so thankful for you and the baby." he whispered.

"So am I. Without you I probably wouldn't be here...and definetly not the baby. You have given me so much and I want to thank you. You are the one who called me a prism. And I thank God every night for having you." I whispered back as I looked ini his eyes.

He then kissed me passionately and I pulled away.

He was perfect. He's my dream guy. The one I've been dreaming about for my whole life. I knew this day would come but I was just waiting. These little moments are what matter. The ones that are just so simple.

"I love you John."

At the appointment...

We walked into the doctors office hand in hand. We checked in and waited to be called. I have to admit...I was kind of fat now. I gained at least 20 pounds. Which isn't so good. But it wasn't too bad. John and I just sat in the waiting room and waited to he called. I was still holding his hand. My hands were shaking. I was just nervous.

"Katy." the nurse called.

"Right here." I said as John helping me up.

We walked into the room and just sat there to wait for the doctor.

"Hello Katy and John." she said as she walked in.

"Hello!" I said.

"Alright well I don't really have to tell you what you anymore. You kind of know..." she chuckled.

I then walked over to the counter and laid down.

She then put the gel all over my stomach.

"Ughhh Geez that's cold." I said.

"I know." she chuckled.

"Alright let's find this baby." she said as she squinted at the monitor.

"Alright I found the baby. Would you like to know the gender?" she asked.

I looked up at John and he gave me a nod. I knew that John wanted to know. And so did I.

"Yes. We would love to know."

"It's a..."