Chapter 8

John and I decided that we were going to plan a baby shower. I was super excited to get all of our family together.

I was now 7 months pregnant and I was going out with Angela today to the baby store to pick out furniture and clothes. John was also coming, I needed help.

I was sitting on the couch waiting for my sister when the doorbell rang.

*Ding Dong*

"Coming!" I yelled. I had a very tough time getting up. The baby is really weighing me down.

I opened the door and there was Angela standing there with 3 year old Stella. Stella has gotten so big! She's so precious.

"Hello!" Angela said.

"Hey sis!"

"Auntie K!" Stella cried as she threw her arms over me.

"Oh Stella! Be careful! Auntie K has a baby in her tummy. You don't want to hurt it do you?"

"No Mommy." she said.

Angela then picked her up and brought her inside.

"Okay. Before we leave do you want to get lunch? I'm kind of hungry..." I said.

"That sounds great!" Angela said.

"Okay. I'll tell John to make something. But what about Stella? Do you have anything for her?" I asked.

"Yeah. She'll just have what we're having. She usually doesn't choke on anything. She'll be okay." Angela said.

"Okay. JOHN!!! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!" I yelled up the stairs.

"GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!" Stella yelled.

"Stella! We do not use those words! Those are bad!" Angela said.

"But Auntie K said them."

"That doesn't mean you can say them. Come on, let's go say hi to Uncle John."

Angela then took Stella's hand as John walked down the stairs.

"Uncle John!" Stella yelled. That made my heart melt. Stella was so cute.

"How's my little Stella?" John said as he twirled Stella around. Her little giggle just echoed through the house.

He then gave her a big kiss on the cheek as her cheeks smushed together. He then put her down.

"Katy, you can't use language like that. I know you're pregnant and you're hormones are just crazy, but when the baby comes, that little girl will eventually pick up on it, and you can't have that happen." Angela said.

"You're right. I'm sorry." I said as I rubbed my stomach.

Angela then walked with Stella over to the island and they just sat down while Stella colored a picture.

"Hey Honey. Sorry I haven't been downstairs. I've been practicing music." John said as he hugged me from behind.

"It's okay. How've you been?" I said as I turned around and caressed his face.

"Great." he said as he kissed my lips.

I kissed him back passionately but I pulled away after a while. I didn't want Stella to see.

We then turned around to see Stella still coloring her picture and Angela just starring at her. Ugh, I can't wait to be a mother.

"Ok, well I'm going to make tacos now." John said.

"Sound good." I said.

John was getting lunch prepared as I sat down and watched Stella colored.

When Stella was finished, she just cuddled up to me.

"Auntie K?" she asked.

"Yes Stella."

"Can I cuddle with your belly?" she asked.

"Yes Stella. Just be careful."

She then lifted up my shirt and gave my stomach a kiss.

"Awww..." Angela said.

"I love you baby." Stella whispered as she rubbed my stomach.

"Aww Stella that was very sweet of you." I said as I ran my fingers through her hair.

"You wanna feel something cool?" I asked.

"Yeah!!!" she replied.

I took her tiny hand and placed it on my bump so she could feel her kick.

"Ahh! What's in your belly?!" she cried.

"It's the baby you silly!" I replied.

Her little giggle echoed through my ears.

I pulled my shirt down and Stella was just cuddling with me. Her head was in the crook of my neck as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Tacos are done!" John said.

"Yes!" I said.

We all sat down and had our lunch. I had 6 tacos. No shame. I'm pregnant.

"Alright guys, ready to go?" I said.

"Mhm."

"Okay let's go." I said.

We all got into Angela's SUV and I sat in the back with Stella as she played in my iPad. Angela and John were in the front just talking.

We got to the baby store and walked in.

"Aww Katy look at this onesie!" Angela said.

"I can't buy too much. I would buy this whole store if I could. But, my baby can't have too many clothes, she's not going to fit in them for too long. She's going to grow a lot." I said.

"I know, we could always buy different sizes too."

When we were done shopping for clothes, (which I bought way too much of) we went to to the furniture section.

"Oh Katy this crib is nice." John said as he pointed to this beautiful white crib.

"Oh I really like it." I said.

We ended up buying that, the matching changing station, a rocking chair, and some other furniture.

"Ugh. I need to go home now. I'm so exhausted." I said.

"Same here. I think Stella over here needs a nap." Angela said as she pointed to Stella in her arms sleeping.

John packed everything in the car and we drove back home. Stella was sleeping. I then began to fall asleep.

JOHNS POV

I was super excited about the baby. I couldn't wait to have a daughter.

We drove back home. When I looked back, Katy and Stella were sleeping.

I got out of the car, and opened the back seat door. There she was, sound asleep with Stella.

"Angela! Get a load of this!" I whispered.

"Oh my gosh! This is too cute! I need to take a picture!" she whispered as she took the picture.

I unbuckled Katy's seatbelt and just starred at her. She had one hand on her bump and the other holding Stella's hand.

I then carried Katy bridal style into the house. I kissed her forehead and placed her onto the couch.

Stella and Angela then walked in to say goodbye.

"Goodbye Auntie K." Stella whispered as she gave Katy a kiss on the forehead.

"Goodbye Baby." she whispered again as she rubbed Katy's belly.

"Cmon Stella. It's time to go now." Angela said.

"Okay." she said as she took Angela's hand out the door.

I then just sat back down on the couch and starred at my beautiful wife. She looked like sleeping beauty. Gosh I'm so lucky to have her.