Chapter 48

1 week later

{ Katy's POV }

I woke up to the sound of people talking all around me. I slowly opened my eyes and stared at my Mom, Dad, and Angela staring at me.

"Katy are you alright?" Angela asked.

I sat up, while I rubbed my eyes and opened one eye.

"What do you mean?"

"John. Is everything okay between you two? Last week you seemed a little upset."

"I don't want to talk about it. Please leave me alone. I'm fine."

I laid back down on the cold hospital bed and pulled the blankets back up to my shoulders.

She sat down next to me and put her head down on my shoulder.

"Tell me Katy. I know you're not okay."

"I said I'm fine! Now get out!" I shouted, angrily.

Angela and my parents were taken aback at what I said, and Angela stormed out of the room.

My parents stared at me, shocked.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. It's just I don't know what we could to help." My mother replied.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I just want go home."

"The doctor said you could come home tomorrow, if that's what you want to do. You're welcome to stay at our house."

"But that's not what I want." I exclaimed, when tears started falling from my eyes.

"Then what do you want?"

"I want John. I want to be with my family and have this other baby. I want to be with him. In his arms. I don't want to be in this hospital bed laying here with no one. I'm scared. No one even understands."

"We're here for you Katheryn. Do you need anything?"

"All I want is to go home."

"We've been doing all we can. You can come home tomorrow."

"But I don't want to go home with you! I want to go home with John!"

"I'm afraid that won't happen unless you call him and tell him that you want to come home."

"Could you just give me some time to call him? You can come back later if you want..."

"Sure honey. I hope you feel better." My dad says.

They both left the room and I was left alone, once again.

I sighed and put my head in my hands. I don't know how I'm going to do this, but it has to be done.

The more I think about John, the more I want him to come back. He hates me now. He'll probably just divorce me. No one loves me anymore. Before I know it, I'm going to be recognized as 'damaged goods.' And that's all I need at this point in my life. I picked up my phone from my bedside table, and unlocked the screen. There was a picture of John and Scarlett at the beach playing in the sand. It made me think I want to be home so badly but now I'm not even sure when I'm going to get out.

Once I unlocked my phone, I slowly hit the phone icon and looked through my contacts until I found John's name. I hesitated a bit, but I finally got the courage to put the phone up to my ear.

It rang a few times, then went right to voicemail.

"Hello you've reached John--"

"And Katy!"

I heard us laugh until he spoke again.

"We can't get to the phone right not but if you leave a message we'll call you back soon!"

There was a few more seconds of our laughter and then the beeping notice rang though my ears.

But I didn't say anything. I'm such a fool.

I hit the end button and a sense of anger and sadness formed inside of me.

I threw my phone as hard as I could at the wall and laid back down crying.

I don't know Im going to ever live a normal life. What am I doing?

{ John's POV }

Scarlett was asleep, and I was all alone laying down on the couch, watching tv downstairs, when I heard my phone ring beside me.

It was Katy.

I picked it up, and for a second I didn't know what to do. All I want is peace in our family. No stress, nothing. I want to protect our daughter from being hurt again. She didn't deserve anything Katy said. But I hit 'decline'. It had to be done. As much as I hate being away from her, I can't let anything like that happen. I miss her so much. If only life was that easy.

I want nothing else more then for her to be in my arms right now, thinking about the new baby and our vacation. I want her so bad right now. She's my everything. I don't feel complete without her.