Chapter 32

Katy's POV

I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to make my usual cup of coffee. It always seems to do the trick. Then, I heard little footsteps coming down the stairs, and I smiled.

Then, little arms wrapped around my waist, and then I knew who it was.

"Good morning mommy!" She screeched.

"Good Morning Scarlett." I replied as I rubbed the top of her head.

"How's the baby?" She asked curiously.

"He or she is doing just fine. We'll be able to find out the gender soon."

"Well I'm very excited. Can you please make me eggs?"

"I am too. And I'm not sure I can do that. You know mommy can't cook." I chuckled.

She giggled and sat down at the island, waiting for her breakfast.

"I'll have daddy make it for you. Just sit tight."

Then another pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I turned my head around and noticed that it was John.

"Morning John." I said with a smile.

"Good Morning." He replied.

He then lightly kissed my neck, and and put his chin on my shoulder.

"Why don't you make your daughter some eggs. I have to go to work."

"Alright."

John began to make the eggs, and I had to go back upstairs and get ready for work. I hate going to work.

---

Once I got out of the shower I put my hair into a messy bun and wore sweatpants and my John Mayer zip up. I decided I wasn't going to do much today, but John and I have a date later tonight. Shit. Ugh, it doesn't matter.

I went back downstairs and saw Scarlett eating, while John was drinking his coffee and reading the newspaper. But neither of them noticed me. Oh well.

I walked up from behind John and hugged him, making him turn around.

"I'll see you later." I whispered, and kissed him on the cheek.

"Have a good day at work Hun. Make sure you're home by 4:30."

---

"Can you do that part over, Katy?" Tamra asked.

"Yeah."

I sang the tune of the acoustic version of dark horse probably 20 times. I'm just not feeling it today. All I want is to go back home to John.

---

"Katy what's wrong?"

"I'm just tired."

"Why don't you go home early? You seem drained."

"Thanks."

---

I picked up Scarlett from daycare and started to drive her to John's brothers house.

"So honey, how was your day?"

"Good. We have a new kid in our class. Her name is Sophia."

"Is she nice?"

"Yeah. We're best friends!"

"Well that's wonderful."

---

I dropped her off and went back home.
---

I drive into the driveway and locked the gates. I hope John doesn't mind that I'm home early.

"John, honey?" I asked as I opened the door.

"I'm in here!" John said, probably in the kitchen.

I walked over to the kitchen to see John cooking.

"What are you doing here? I thought you had work."

"I did. I was really tired so they let me go home."

"Well now you ruined the surprise."

"What surprise?" I smirked.

"Dinner. I was just cooking it. I thought we could go for a picnic on the beach; if that's okay with you."

"That sounds great. I'm gonna go get ready."

I pecked him on the lips and went back upstairs to get ready.

"What should I wear?"

For some odd reason, I always have trouble finding things to wear, and I have one of the biggest closets in the universe.

I ended up picking a sundress and sandals, like I always do, and then my raybans of course.

Then, I went to the bathroom and curled my hair, and applied a little bit of makeup, but not too much.

---

"Ready to go babe?" John asked.

I nodded and held his hand tight. I then buckled my seatbelt and John started to drive.

I looked out the window, staring at the sun. It's such a beautiful thing.

"You okay?" John asked, as he rubbed the top of my hand.

"Yeah. Thanks." I replied, and looked away.

He pulled into the beach parking lot, and we're surprisingly the only ones here.

"Can you get the blanket while I get the basket?"

"Yeah sure."

We walked hand in hand to the beach, and right when we got to the sand, we took our shoes off.

We got everything set up and then sat down.

"I'm hungry." I moaned.

"Of course you are. Want some grapes?"

"Why not?" I giggled.

"Alright. Let's play a game first."

"What kind of game?" I chuckled.

"I'll give you five grapes, and I'll give myself five grapes. The one who gets the most in their mouth wins."

"Well that's easy."

"Not exactly. You have to throw it up in the air."

"Really?"

"Yep. Now you go first."

I threw the first grape up in the air, and it landed right in my mouth.

"That was a nice one!"

I threw the second one up in the air, and it landed right in my lap.

---
Our date consisted of laughs, jokes, games, and of course; love. John makes me so happy. Something about him makes me feel so different, like I've never felt before. He makes me have butterflies in my stomach, and I always feel guilty. John does so much for me. Especially after the divorce, he helped me through it. He supports me through out everything. I don't know what I would do without him. He's my life saver.
--

"Did you have fun?" John said with a smile.

"Yeah. It's getting kind of dark out; and cold. Shouldn't we get going?"

"No. Just come lay down. I'll warm you up."

John then laid down, and I put my head in the crook of his neck, while putting my hand in his chest. I could hear his heart beating faster than ever, and I closed my eyes.