26. One more chance.

*JESSIE'S POV*

"Start by telling me why you left me ?" I said sadly looking down, "I thought it would be the safest thing to do for you," he said, "how ?" I asked, "cause when you're with me, you only ever get hurt and I don't want that for you," he explained "surely its my choice," I said, "you would have made the wrong choice," he said to me, he sat down at the side of my bed and reached for my hand. I moved them, he sighed, "but I realise now ... I was stupid to do that, can you give me one more chance," he asked, I stayed silent. "Jessie look at me," he said, I turned my head slowly and looked into his eyes. Darkness still covered them, I closed my eyes. Zayn took his hand and put it against my face, it was like when Luke did it but Zayn shot sparks through me. "I don't know much Jessie ... but I do know one thing for sure and that's that I love you," he said, I stayed silent, "tell me you don't feel the same and I will walk out that door right now and never come back," he said, I let a hot tear roll down my cheek.

Zayn wiped it with his thumb, "tell me you don't love me," he said, "I can't," I said quietly. Zayn pulled me forward and wrapped his arms around me and I cried, he kissed my forehead but then ... then I pushed him away. "Get out," I said, "w-what ?" he asked shocked, "go Zayn," I said again, "why, I thought we were ok," I said, "you thought wrong, Zayn I can't, I just want to be normal again, I can't be with you, you are right I get hurt and so do the people I love," I said, "doll please," he begged, "no... don't," I said, "if you ever want to let me have a second chance, I would redo all this in a heart beat, can we try ? Please ?"' he said, I looked the other way. "JESSIE !" he yelled, I covered my mouth, "Get out," I said, "Jessie listen to me ... I am a strong person, but I need someone too. I just want you to be that one person who can tell me things are alright and stop me from doing stupid things," he said. "Nobody breaks my heart and gets away with it," I said, "Jessie I love you," he said softly, "don't say you love me if you don't mean it because I might do something crazy like believe it," I said, "you need to believe it because its true," he said.

"Zayn we won't work ! Steven, Perrie, Luke, you, me, there is just so many reasons we won't work !" I said, "stop thinking of all the reasons we won't work and start thinking of why we will," he said back, "and why is that ?" I asked, "because we love each other, you promised nothing would change how you felt about me," he said, I stayed silent, "so what changed ?" he asked. "I can't wait for the day that I wake up and I am over you," I said, "I know I am never going to be over you," he said, I blinked away the tears. "I should never have cared, but I did. I cared a lot... and still fucking do," I said, "then why are you sending me away ?" he asked, "because its to much Zayn, I can't do this everyday for the rest of my life. I can't be scared that when you go out I am never going to see you again, I can't be scared that when I go out someone who has it in for you will get me, and then my family ... I know what they are like now, I have been in hospital, so had my brother, Luahn and Luke ! Does that not tell you enough ... I am scared Zayn... I have always been scared when it comes to you," I said.

I said in a fatal position on the bed ans I cried into my knees. "I thought we had moved past the whole scared situation," he said, I laughed a bit, "what are we doing Zayn ?" I asked, "I don't know," I got up from the bed and walked up to the window of the room and stared out. Everything looks so peaceful ... Why can't my life be like this ?. Zayn turned me around gently. He stood in front of me and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I looked up at him with watery eyes, he put his hands either side of my face and dried my tears. "So where do we stand ?" he asked, "I don't really know ... I think we should... take a break," I said, he looked down, "is the its-not-you-its-me-talk," he said, I laughed and put a hand behind his neck. "No this is a I-think- we-should-see-other-people-talk," I said, he smiled at me, "I think we have some cooling down time, just friends ?" I said, "its hard being 'just friends' with someone who you are in love with," he said, I smiled and wiped the remainder of my tears.