72. Maria.

*ZAYN'S POV*

Three days after her funeral and no one has said two words to each other. Then again I didn't think they would. It was 1am. Louis and Liam flicked endlessly through the channels on late night TV. Niall was sleeping, it was nice to have silence from his crying. Harry sat at the table in the corner, going through pictures of Jessie's. Now we are home, without her it's just not feeling the same. I sat at the table, opposite Harry, a glass of whiskey in my hand.

"You know Haz, I was always jealous of you," I croaked through the painful sore throat I had. "Me?... Why?" he asked, "Jessie, looked up to you. You didn't hurt her, and I know you never would," I sniffled, he looked up at me. "Is it bad to say I love her?" he whispered, "No. I thought it would be, but it doesn't bother me... cause I know she loved me," I snapped, all the feeling that had been bottle up suddenly burst out.

Louis and Liam stood up and walked over. Listening in, "Zayn just calm down," Liam told me, I stood up throwing my chair backwards. "I have been calm for the past week, and that's not done me any good !" I yelled, "You all say you love her, but why didn't you go and stop her! Well ?!" I bellowed, "I tried-" Harry began but I stopped him. I grabbed the scruff of his collar pinning him back against the wall, "Well you clearly didn't try hard enough," I spat at him, "Let him go Zayn, this isn't his fault," Louis told me, trying to make me move. I dropped Harry and he coughed loudly.

"Who's fault is it then, I need someone to blame." I asked angrily. "It was no one's fault Zayn, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time," Liam told me. "Stop acting like you all cared about her!" I yelled at them, as the three stood in a line in front of me. "We did-" I stopped Louis. "NO NO YOU DIDN'T CARE!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"The first time you met her Liam, you tried to get in bed with her! And break us up. Louis you fooled her and made her give you a blow job for fuck sake! and Harry, you were just jealous! You wanted her, it's just like Lottie all over again!" I scream at them. "What's going on?" I heard a tired voice, it was Niall. "And as for you! You dated her then dumped her, then you just wanted her back didn't you?!" I yelled over to him, "STOP!" Louis yelled.

"What about you Zayn?... Did you care?... You're the one that let her go, if you had of stopped her... she might just be here now... did you even care. You always let her down, left her, got her hurt, lied to her... you think we're bad... well look in the mirror... All those times you hurt her, Zayn. You controlled her, she hated it, and if I remember rightly, for a short time she hated you as well," Louis growled at me, I was taken back.

"Don't y-" he stopped me, "No. Don't you dare tell us we didn't care! If anyone didn't care it was you! We loved her, everything we did was to protect her, Liam maybe took it too far, but in the long run he saved her life too, Harry loved her, and when you were off planning to ruin people that she cared about, he was there to pick up the pieces of everything you destroyed! Niall was her first real love, she fell for him on her own, she didn't need forcing! He loved her. He still does for fuck sake... and me, I cared more about her than you think, when I was breaking apart she helped me, and you know what, she don't deserve half of the shit you have done!" Louis yelled.

"That's enough Louis," Liam told him, the room fell deadly silent again. "Zayn?" Niall piped up, all of us turned to him. "Want to hear a story about Jessie when we were together?" he asked, we all smiled at him, and let out a chuckle. What were we doing, arguing? We needed each other now.

*FLASHBACK*

*NIALL'S POV*

"Just do it," I moaned at her, "Niall I will fall," she complained, "I will catch you," I replied, she giggled, "if I end up in hospital you are explaining to my parents! I shouldn't even be sneaking out," she spoke, half playful, half serious. "You'll be fine, I will have you back by midnight," I joked, "I feel like Cinderella!" she mocked, "Well you are my princess," I flirted, "Shut up and help me down," she laughed.