Larry's Heartbreak

It was a gloomy day no matter what I did that day I couldn't eat I couldn't think.
I called Blu but there was no answer.
It wasn't like her not to answer.
I was getting worried. My phone quickly brought me out of my thought. I quickly answered it was Imani.
"Larry, I need you to come to New York now." She said her voice breaking.
"What wrong Imani."
"It's it's Kehlani" she broke down.
My legs gave out from underneath me I couldn't breathe.
"What happen?"
"They beat her so bad Larry she's in a coma."
Tears fell rapidly down my face. I screamed the most heart wretching scream. Lau ran to me to see what was wrong. I pounded onthe ground.
"No please God no."
Laurent took my phone from my hand and begin to speak.
"Who this."
"Laurent."Imani cried.
"What happen you okay?"
"No Blu is in a coma." Laurent dropped my phone and fell tohis knees.
We took the first flight we could get back to New York. Aunt Angelique picked us up and took us straight to the hospital. I walked into her room on unsteady legs.
I fell to the ground at the image I saw.
I couldn't breathe it felt like all the air was knocked out of my chest.
"What them do to you mon belle." I said grabbing her hand.
Both of her eyes were swollen her face bruised cuts on different parts of her body. My tears fell from my eyes and onto her battered skin. This felt like a knife cutting into me.

ELSEWHERE IN NEW YORK....
The thing about things that happen in the hood don't stay secret long. Word got out to JD that Damien was responsible for the attack on Blu now he was on a war path. I called JD hoping he would answer.
"I already know what you want french boy and the answer is no. Blu would never forgive me if something happened to you."
"But.."
"But nothing Blu needs you there take care of her and let me do what I do best."
I reluctantly agreed. I focused my attention back on Kehlani the more I looked at her the angrier I got. Look what they did to my queen.  My thoughts were jumbled and I couldn't see clearly. I wanted to hurt whoever did this.
JD and Aunt Angelique were on the hunt they were out for blood until Damien was found the streets of New York were going to be painted with blood.
That night JD caught Damiens brother. He snatched him up and placed a gun in his mouth.
"You responsible for touching my family?" He snapped hitting him across the face with the butt of the gun.
"Naw man I ain't have shit to do with that."
"Don't fucking lie to me nigga." He said hitting him again.
"Man I swear it wasn't me."
"Well my nigga you guilty by association." JD said as the gun cocked.
"Enough" Aunt Angelique said coming from the shadows.
"But Ma..." JD protested.
"You can't get information from a dead man." She said as she walked towards them her stilettos echoing against the concrete. You could see the fear in his eyes as she got closer.
"Now I'm going to ask you some questions and if I don't like your answers you gonna lose a limb. Do you understand me."
"Where's Damien?" She asked.
"He's in Mexico." He said as tears flowed down his eyes.
"What did he do to my niece the whole story don't leave nothing out."
"Please they gonna kill me."
She grabbed him by the jaw "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I'M GOING TO DO." she shoved his face. "TALK NIGGA AND TALK FAST I'M LOSING PATIENCE.
"It was Lehlani she put him up to doing it. It was suppose to look like a rape gone wrong."
Aunt Angelique eyes darkened she had a feeling Lehlani was responsible.
"Do what you gonna do to this nigga I got a bitch to track down."

Meanwhile back in the hospital Blu fingers began to twitch she was coming back to me. I called for a doctor I knew she had some fight left in her. When she saw my face she smiled. That smile still lit up a room.
She looked down at all the wires and machines connected to her.
"Whh why?" Was all she could manage to say.
"Non worry bout that right now just heal."