Simple Kind of Life

It's been heaven having Blu here but it was time once again to say goodbye to the love of my life. Blu had to get back to New York for work. This would be our last night together for at least two months.
We were sitting on the balcony of the hotel. Blu as always deep in thought.
"What is your biggest dream in life Larry?"
"To be successful to make it."
"Not me my dream is simple I don't need fortune and don't give a damn about fame I just want to be happy."
"Are you?"
"As long as I got you and Imani then yes I'm good."
That made my heart smile.
"So you non want to be rich?"
"I already am."
"Huh?"
"I am rich in spirit. Money isn't everything. I don't need the biggest house just a roof over my head. I don't need fancy clothes as long as they fit and they are clean. I don't need diamonds because despite what people say they are not forever. You can be rich in mind, body and soul and not have a dime to your name."
"How you get so smart."
"Knowledge baby is the greatest jewel in the world we all have it some just refuse to use it."
Man she is as deep as she is beautiful.
"Well mon tresor you are my greatest jewel." I said as I kissed her.
"You know Alicia keys had it right in her song if I ain't got you you can have everything and don't have love and all the things you have accumulated amounts to nothing. Love is more than what someone can do for you."

It was like my eyes were being open to a new world. It's like I have been walking through life blindfolded. I laid back in the lounge chair taking in everything she was saying. Her heart was so pure even though life was dragging her through hell. She got a text on her phone and her eyes lit up.
"Look baby." She said showing me her phone.
She got her house. She will never know that I put down the rest of the money she needed to pay for it. She never asked for it but I wanted her and Imani out of that neighborhood. Her safety meant more to me than money.
"That's great bebe." I said hugging her.
She danced around the balcony happy that she could finally give her little sister a safer place to live.
We went back into her room we got dressed for dinner.
"Imani you ready?" She yelled.
"Yes"
We met up with Lau and the rest of the crew.
Once we got to the restuarant I pulled my brother to the side.
"What?" Laurent asked.
"I think I want for marry Blu."
"Bro Blu a good girl but I think you ruging things."
"But I love her."
"I know and she love you but you non want for ruge into this she non going no where."
"I guess you right."
We walked inside the restuarant to find Eleni and Blu chatting away about home decorations.
I loved seeing the joy in her eyes.
We ate and conversated well into the night. When it was time to turn in I decided to spend the night with Blu. After showering she cuddled underneath me her skin still semi wet. I kissed her shoulder drawing a whimper from her lips. She grabbed my hand gently kissing it. I hated the fact that we were going to be away from each other again. I wanted to spend every moment with her. Even though we were going to be apart I carried her in my heart.
"I going for miss you so much bebe"
"Not as much as I am going to miss you."
"Is only going for be two months then I promise us going for go away somewhere."
"We don't have to a walk in the park will suffice for me."
"Bebe I know you non want for go fancy places but I wanna show you beauty in all the world."
She smiled.
The night breeze swept in through the curtains and I starred at her through the light of the moon. She closed her eyes and let sleep take over. It was so relaxing just watching her sleep. I played in her hair as I sung to her in french until I myself fell asleep. It was 6 AM when her alarm went off. She woke up and got her and Imani together. I helped her take her bags to the lobby then we were off to the airport. I stayed until she boarded her flight. I hugged her not wanting to let go.
"Two months bebe."
"Two months"  she repeated then turning to board her plane.