A sisters love

The sunlight peaked into the window and across her beautiful sleeping face. Her eyes began to open and the pain still lingered in them. She slowly sat up and looked down at Imani. She ran her hand through her hair and kissed her forehead. She didn't notice me sitting in the chair. I watched as she put her hurt aside and tickled Imani until she woke up. Once Imani was up she asked if she was hungry. She reached inside of her bag and pulled out hygiene products and clean clothing and told her to clean herself up. On her way to the bathroom Imani turned to me and said good morning which made Blu spin around in surprise.
"I didnt see you over there" she said.
"I know"
"I'm sorry we just barged in on you like that but I didn't know where else to turn."
"Is okay you sleep good?"
"Not really." She said as tears begin to well up in her eyes again.
"Non cry belle is going for be okay." I said wrapping my arms around her.
She wiped the tears from her eyes as Imani exited the bathroom. She put on the biggest smile she could muster just as she was about to speak there was a knock at the door. It was Laurent.
"Hey if you non mind I want for take Imani out for awhile." Laurent said.
Imani looked at Blu with so much excitement in her eyes.
"Can I go Kehlani?" She asked jumping up and down.
"Sure but be on your best behavior okay." Blu said.
With that her and Laurent left us sitting in the room.
"Do you mind if I shower I smell like yesterday?" She asked.
"No problem." I said.
She stood up and pulled some items from her bag and walked into the bathroom. Even though the water was running I could still hear her crying. It broke my heart. I wanted to shield her from the hurt but the damage was already done. All I could do now was try to help her heal. I decided to sit on the balcony while she showered. I looked towards the sky at the gloomy gray clouds. I began to wonder why good people always seem to get hurt. I never understood that. I heard the bathroom door open so I went back inside. Blu seemed emotionally exhausted. So we laid back across the bed. I ran my hand  through her curly tresses while she starred at the ceiling. Nothing was said we just laid there. Finally she dozed off but she begin to speak in her sleep. As I listened to her I realized that the love she had for her sister was even stronger than the bond that me and Lau shared. The strength that it must have taken to take on the role of mother as a young child was unfathomable to me. I really didn't realize how tired she must of been holding down three jobs to make sure Imani was always okay. She was so incredible in my eyes. More of an woman than most women I knew. She was so selfless giving sometimes more than she had to give. I pulled the blanket around her and just let her rest God knows she needed it. Eventually sleep claimed me I dreamed of the two of us. I now believe that it wasn't coincidence that we were at the same place at the same time it was fate. Maybe it was also fate that my relationship fell apart in order to meet a woman of this caliber. When I woke up Blu was sitting on the bed just starring at me with those beautiful hazel eyes I got lost in them.
"Thank you" she said.
"For what?" I asked
"You don't really know me but you have shown me more compassion than anyone I have ever met."
"Is non a problem. You deserve the best that someone can give."
For the first time since she got there she smiled. Her smile lit up the whole room.
"So you hungry? " I asked.
"Not really" she responded.
"Well us eat anyways you got for keep you strength for Imani sake."
She shook her head in agreement. I showered got dressed and then we were off to get some food. I fidgeted with the radio until she stopped me the rendition of Say Something by Zhavia was playing

I listened as she sung her heart out all the emotions inside of her pouring out as the lyrics flowed from her mouth. It was beyond breathtaking as tears begin to flow from my eyes. It was like you could feel the lyrics you could feel the hurt and disappointment that was buried deep within her. After the song ended and she opened her eyes I had to turn away so she wouldn't see the tears that stained my face. We rode in complete silence not knowing what to say. Sometimes silence is the best therapy anyways. We pulled up to the restuarant and got out the car. We ate and then decided to take a walk. It began to rain it didn't seem to bother Blu she just started to dance in it.
"Come on Larry it's just rain it's natures way of crying." She said as she grabbed my hand.
"I'll never completely understand her way of seeing things but it is an refreshing outlook to have on life.