The bitch who ruined dinner

I was up early this morning. I showered got dress then went to the studio. I stood outside the door and watched Blu teach. Once she dismissed her class I stepped inside.
Thinkin out loud by Ed Sheeran was playing.

I watched as she gracefully moved across the floor. She smiled when she saw me..
"Come dance with me." She said.
I smiled and took her hand. It seemed that every moment I spent with this beautiful being made me into a better man. The way she laughed was infectious as we toppled over each other her landing on top of me. I ran my fingers through her hair pulling her in for a kiss. As always her kiss left me breathless.
"Looks like somebody got two left feet." She said as I helped her up.
"Yeah you" I said stealing another kiss.
"Come on you." She said grabbing her things "I gotta go get Imani."
When we pulled up Imani was standing talking with her friends. I rolled the window down and called out to her. Her friends did a double take to make sure they were seeing things correctly. I was almost tackled to the ground by pre teen girls.
"Alright ladies he's had enough." She said laughing.
The girls flooded Imani with a million questions.
"Do you know both twins?" one girl asked.
"Yes"
"How?" Another asked.
"Well he's my sister's boyfriend even though Kehlani won't admit it."
Blu and I both blushed.
"Okay we have to go." Blu said.
After leaving Imani school we headed to Blu's place. She jumped in the shower while Imani and I played FIFA.
When she came back out she begin to prep for dinner. While the food marinated we went to pick up Eleni and Lau. When we arrived at the hotel Imani jumped out the car nearly tackling Lau to the ground.
"I miss you too Imani." Lau said.
"You know you my favorite brother."
"I'm hurt." I said placing my hand over my chest.
Eleni and Blu laughed at our antics.
We headed back to Blu's house all the joy turned into heartache when we arrived at her door step. The woman standing there resembled Blu and Imani. By Blu's reaction she wasn't happy to her.
"What are you doing here." Blu sneered.
"Please Blu can Mommy stay for dinner." Imani begged.
Blu looked at her mother then back at Imani she rolled her eyes and said "whatever"
Blu opened the door and everyone went in I waited to make sure she was okay.
"I'll be alright." She lied unconvincingly.
I let it go for right now. There was so much tension in the room you could cut it with a knife. Blu went back in the kitchen and continued to cook. I could see in her eyes the hurt I seen three nights ago but for Imani's sake she bottled it up. I knew this night was going to end in diseaster hopefully everybody was ready for the explosion. After placing the food in the oven Blu excused herself I heardthe door slam. I couldn't take the torture she was enduring. I went into her room to find her sitting on the floor tears running down her face.
"Bebe is going for be okay." I said trying to console her.
"I'm tired Larry the person who was suppose to love us protect us walked out our lives. Now all of a sudden she wants to come back and act like everything is sweet. I sacraficed for Imani now that we are finally okay she's here. Why is she here? Why...." Her voice trailed off as she buried her face in my chest. I held her close to me not knowing what to really say. There was a knock on the door Blu wiped her face and answered it.
"You okay Kehlani?" Imani asked.
"Yes."
"Okay." She said not believing her.
Blu stood up and went to the bathroom running water on her face.
She grabbed my hand and headed back to the kitchen but not before saying "I need you to be my strength tonight."

"I'll be you superman" I said with a smile.
I noticed during dinner Blu didn't say much. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.
Her mother was quite rude she may looked like Blu and Imani but that's where the comparisons stop. The final nail in the coffin came when she lit a cigarette in Blu's apartment.
"Uh Mommy nobodies spose to smoke in here." Imani said.
"Girl shut up I'm grown." She spat.
That was it. Blu's tempered flare.
"Don't talk to her like that." Blu said.
"Or what she's my child."
"Since when?"
"Is there something you want to say to me little girl?" She challenged.
Blu handed Laurent and Eleni her car keys and asked them to take Imani for ice cream. Once she knew they were gone that's when the drama begin.
"You left us with nothing. I raised her since she was 6 years old. Now all of a sudden you're back. What is it are you out of money? How much will it take for you to crawl back into the hole you came out of."
Tears begin to form in her eyes as she continued to unload on her mother.
"I wanted what every child wants from her mother love but you are a selfish bitch and I will not I repeat not let you step in here and ruin Imani."
Her mother just stood there and laughed coldly as her daughter poured her heart out.
"You think you can keep my child away from me well you got another thing coming you stuck up bitch. So what now you think you the queen of sheba cuz you got a famous french nigga fucking you. Girl please you still a little hood dwelling bitch like you always will be."
"At least I ain't a triffling gutter hoe with no morals. In matter of fact get the fuck out of my house."
"It's alright bitch I'll leave but I will be back for my child.
Once the door slammed Blu broke down again. This is not how I envisioned my last night with her going.
She buried her face in my chest asking me a question I had no answer to "why don't she love me."