Blu's Perspective

Our time in New York was coming to an end. The closer it got for us to leave the heavier my heart was becoming. So I cherished whatever time I spent with Blu. In the little time that I knew her she has opened my eyes to different prospectives of life. Like appreciating the little things and not taking lifes blessings for granted.
"It's the little things that make life worthwhile Larry" she said as she stopped to smell some flowers."Fame is cool and all. But when you learn to just be there's no feeling like it."
"I non follow you." I said.
"Take this flower for example it just grows it doesn't know that it's beautiful it just does what nature intends for it to do. It doesn't care what everyone else thinks of it. Yet when we walk by it we stand in awe of it's beauty. It doesn't try to be beautiful it just is. It doesn't change it's ways because someone compliments it or even if they insult it."
"That's deep Blu."
"See we as people forget that we are beautiful we get caught up in the glitz and glamour waiting for someone to tell us who we are. It's part of being human I guess. But if we just let ourselves just be think of how much easier life would be."she said as she laid back on the blanket.
I just sat there admiring her beauty and wisdom. For someone so young she seemed to have a lifetime of knowledge inside her.
"Why it take so long to find you?" I asked.
"Maybe you were looking in the wrong places." She said with a smile.
Damn I love that smile. It just melts me.
I placed my hands behind my head and laid beside her we watched the clouds move across the sky. The breeze seemed to dance around us as the sun began to set in the sky.
"Isn't it beautiful?" she asked.
"What?"
"The sunset."
"Yes but non as beautiful as you."
She blushed as she turned to face me.
"Alright Casanova so tell me something about you something real."
I thought about Melissa and how things ended between us.
"Well I was in love with a girl but I guess she non loved me the way I loved her."
"I'm sorry to hear that." She said.
"Have you ever been in love?" I asked
"Yes but sometimes we love the wrong people. But love always have a way of leading us to someone who truly deserves that love."
Wow I thought I never thought of it that way.
"Did you forgive her?" She asked.
"What you mean?"
"Forgive her not for her but for your own peace of mind. Leave nothing unspoken leave no door open. That way you can move on."
"I non feel like I can talk to her right now I still so angry she hurt me."
She wrapped her arm around me stroking my hair with her free hand.
"No one said it will be easy. When you truly give your heart to someone it's hard to take it back. When you are ready you will know." She said as she laid her head on my chest. I let what she said marinate. I knew that I was through with Mel but I needed to make sure she knew. As the night sky began to set in it begin to get cooler. I helped Blu from off the ground. We folded the blanket and head to her call. Once in her car she called her aunt to let her know she was on her way to pick up Imani. Just like I knew her Aunt knew Blu needed some time to just be Blu without worries of taking care of someone else. She told her that Imani was going to stay with her for the weekend so just relax and enjoy herself.
"Hmm looks like I'm free for the weekend." She turned to me and said.
"So what you want for do?" I asked.
She shrugged.
We rode back to her place to pick up some clothes. Afterwards we head back to my hotel room.
"So you want to shower first?" I asked
"We will get done quicker if we showered together " she said with a smirk.
She went to the bathroom and turned on the water. While waiting for the water to heat up she undressed. I watched as she peeled her clothes from her body revealing what was underneath. I tried not stare but it was futile.
"It's okay. It's human nature to admire another's body."
We stepped into the shower the water cascading off our bodies while staring into the windows of each others souls. I bent to kiss her waiting lips. Her kiss sent shockwaves down my spine making my knees buckled beneath me. Before things could really heat up there was an knock at the door.
Damn it Lau not now I thought. I ignored it and continued to kiss Blu.
The knocking continued.
"Maybe you should answer that." She said.
"Is non important."
"Go answer it, it's not like I'm going to grow wings and fly away."
Fuck I thought he better be dying. I put on the robe and walked to the door.
"The fuck bro I busy" I said.
"I sorry I non know."
"What you want?"
"You coming out with us tonight?"
"Yeah sure whatever now leave." I said as I shut the door.
I removed the robe and jumped back in the shower."
"Now where was us?"