My heart only desires you.

Being in New York I knew I was going to run into Mel from time to time. On this night I was watching Blu perform at the club she worked at. Tonight she was in rare form. She danced to Rihanna Needed me.

As always she owned the floor. She commanded the attention of the crowd. She had my complete attention. Melissa spotted me and made her way towards me. I knew there was about to be some drama. My mother always taught me to respect women but she was pushing it. But the most disrespectful thing she did that night was kissed me. I quickly pulled away.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Larry you know you miss me."
"Not really."
"What does this girl have that I don't have?"
"She has everything you non have. She has class, she's smart, she's funny
I can go on and on. But the biggest thing she have is my heart. She loves me and I love her. I non have for worry about her hurting me because her heart belongs to me."
"But Larry..."
"Please just leave us alone" I said as I walked off.
I went to look for Blu I found her sitting outside crying.
"Bebe why you cry."
She wouldn't even look at me.
"Please mon amour talk to me."
She shook her head more tears streaming down her face.
This was all Mel's fault.
"Bebe look at me I love only you she non mean nothing to me."
"Why were you kissing her?"
"She kiss me I non kiss her."
She looked at me with venom in her stare.
"I know what it look like but believe me. You only person my heart beat for."
That beautiful smile crept across her face. I began to sing Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran

I held her in my arms reassuring that she and she alone was all I needed.
"I'm sorry baby. I should have more trust in you." She said caressing my face.
We walked to the car hand in hand. The thought of losing her ran through my mind. It would have destroyed me.
"

Marry me?" I blurted out of nowhere.
"Really?" She said
"Yes Kehlani Raine will you do me the honor of being my wife."
"Yes" she said hugging me with all her might.
It didn't matter to her that I didn't get down on one knee nor did it matter that in that moment I didn't even have ring. All that matter to me was that I asked and she said yes.
Once we were home I called Laurent.
"I did it."
"You did what?"
"Proposed"
"I want for know everything."
"I just ask she say yes."
"Non mon frere you have for do it again."
"But she say yes."
"I have idea."
"Ok"
"This weekend us go to disney land."
"Then?"
He continued to lay out the plan. We made plans to go buy a ring the next day. We called in a favor from one of our friends  in the music industry. He agreed to do it since he was already performing there anyways. Everything was set it was going to be amazing. After hanging up the phone I headed upstairs to go to bed. When I got upstairs Blu was curled up in the corner of the bed sleep still fully dressed. I found it so adorable. I took her shoes off of her and then laid beside her. Falling into a deep sleep. The next day Lau and I went shopping for a ring. I didn't want the ring to be too small but also not too big.
"Look at this one." Lau said.
It was beautiful it was a white gold diamond ring with sapphires around it.
"She going for love this." I said
"Yeah that one perfect."
After paying for the ring I headed home to hide ring in my suitcase.
I gotta give Lau credit I would have never thought to propose this way.