(50) Crash Car Burn

Crash Car Burn

Chapter 50

Jamie’s POV

A person would think that the kids at school would grow tired of talking about us but apparently they don’t. It is now Friday afternoon and I could still hear the giggles and whispers as Aiden and I made our way out of the school.

Liam was late getting ready this morning so he came with his own car and offered to drive Emma home. He also wanted to take her out to this little café after school but he didn't mention this to her, wanting it to be a surprise. I knew that she would want to so I gave him my go ahead since he is under the impression that he has to run everything pass me. I am grateful that he does though because I am still really worried about her.

Their relationship seems to be growing every day and I am really happy for them. Everybody deserves that one special person in their lives. I have found mine and now I have to leave them to figure out if they are meant for each other.

"What are you thinking?" Aiden asked, the mere fact that I am with him causing me to smile.

"That I hope things work out between Emma and Liam," I answered honestly as Aiden opened his car door for me. I got in and waited for him to get in beside me.

"They seem to be getting closer," Aiden stated as he started his car.

"Yeah, but they can both be really stubborn and I don't want them to get hurt," I said, imagining how awkward things would be if they were to get together and then break up. We've all been through enough and I just want them to be happy.

"They'll be fine, now how about you concentrate on us?" Aiden said as he sped up, something seemed off but I couldn't quite place it. It almost felt like we were heading in the wrong direction but I wasn't sure.

"Where are we going?" I asked after a while, sure that we are definitely not on our way home.

"To a place that you are going to love," he replied and I could hear the excitement in his voice. He's done so much for me, it’s almost like he gave me a new lease on life and he just keeps on doing things for me. The way he takes care of me is more than I could ever have asked for.

I can feel his love for me in everything he does and I just wish there was some way that I can show him how much I really appreciate him and love him.

"Jamie," Aiden chuckled from beside me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I was just thinking," I replied, my cheeks warming slightly.

"About me I hope," Aiden stated and then I felt his hand close around mine. For a second I panicked, wanting to tell him to keep both his hands on the steering wheel but I knew that Aiden wouldn't do anything that will endanger me in any way so instead I took a deep breath and relished myself in the moment.

It wasn't long before we reached our destination, which turned out to be a small book shop that traded only with books written in braille.

It was like a little piece of heaven created just for me. I had no idea how Aiden knew of this place but I couldn't thank him enough. Finding books in braille isn't the easiest thing to do and here they had row after row.

We spent a very long time at the shop, so much so that I actually felt guilty because I highly doubted that Aiden was enjoying himself as much as me.

We left the shop with a bag full of books and then headed home. It was already late so when we got there, we ate our dinner, which my mother had put away for us and then headed upstairs.

I felt so excited about all the new books I got but even at that moment there was something I wanted more and that is Aiden.

I wanted to feel his arms around me and his lips on mine so as soon as we were in my room and he had placed the bag of books on my desk I threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you so much," I whispered as his arms wrapped around my body. 

"It's my pleasure," he replied, his lips brushing against my ear and setting my body alight. The way he affects me is unreal and the way he always manages to control himself around me is driving me crazy.

"I'm sorry that I took so long, it couldn't have been fun for you," I said, tightening my grip on him and pressing myself as close to him as possible.

"Don't ever apologize for enjoying yourself, seeing you have fun is all I need to be happy," he replied and then took me by complete surprise as he softly nibbled on my ear.

The mere touch of his lips on me caused a thrill of pleasure to run through my body.

“You are so cute,” Aiden laughed at my reaction and I could feel myself blushing.

“I’d prefer sexy or hot,” I managed to say as I tried to get my hormones under control.

“Oh trust me, you’re both of those too” he said and then his lips were on mine. The way he was kissing me was so intense that when he pulled away, he left me speechless.

“You have no idea how happy it makes me that you want me as much as you do,” Aiden said, his voice husky and causing my insides to knot with pleasure. I had no idea what to say or do as images of me and Aiden making love ran riot in my head.

Aiden chuckled, probably from the expression on my face and then left me to go take a shower.

My body was burning and my insides were going crazy from his words as I fell down onto my bed. The idea of making love with Aiden so prominent in my mind that I could hardly think of anything else.