(20) Crash Car Burn

Crash Car Burn

Chapter 20

Aiden’s POV

Kissing Jamie sent my heart into overdrive and my whole body was burning up. I love him so much. I just wished that the whole situation wasn’t as complicated as it is. Jamie acted like nothing happened the whole day and then all of a sudden he cuddled into my arms while we were watching a movie. Now don’t get me wrong, I liked it, a lot, probably more than I should have but it is all so confusing.

I had no idea what he was going to say when I asked if I could kiss him and when he said yes I nearly exploded with excitement. I know all of this must be really confusing and strange for him but the fact that he chose to cuddle up next to me and said that I could kiss him has given me hope that maybe he really does want to be with me.

When I was done making our hot chocolate we made our way up to Jamie’s room, both of us silent as we walked. I wish I knew what he was thinking and I was considering asking him but the sound of his cell phone ringing put a stop to that idea.

Jamie ran the rest of the way, causing me to squirm a bit. I just can’t help being worried that he is going to get hurt so when he reached his bed and sat down on it my body filled with relief. He answered the phone and I placed our hot chocolate on his bedside table.

He laid down and stretched a bit, causing me to squirm again, but for completely different reasons. He was wearing light jeans and a t shirt that managed to creep up and show his stomach. I groaned softly and turned my eyes away from him. I don’t think he know just how badly he effects me.

I just stood there for a minute or two while he chatted on the phone, wondering what I should do. I finally decided that it was safer for me to just sit down on the mattress. I took a deep breath as I did this and then let my eyes linger over his body. Damn his gorgeous. I took my hot chocolate and started drinking, hoping that it would help me relax a bit because I was kind of freaking out. I wanted to kiss him again so badly. I wanted to hold him and touch him and tell him how much I love him but I couldn’t, not now at least. I had to make sure how he really feels first. I don’t want to rush into things if he isn’t sure.

As he spoke I figured out that it was Liam on the phone but I couldn’t get myself to concentrate enough to figure out what he was saying. They didn’t talk to long, only a few minutes. And when they said goodbye I felt both relieved and nervous.

I wanted Jamie all to myself but on the other hand I was scared that I might say or do something that will scare him away.

“How’s it going with Emma I asked, genuinely concerned, I’ve known Emma a long time and I still feel guilty for what she is going through. If it wasn’t for me and the accident she would still have been a happy teenage girl.

The same, she’s refusing to come out of her room or to talk to anybody so it might take longer than they expected,” Jamie answered as he pushed himself up into a sitting position.

“I’m sorry,” I said, not knowing what else to say. I felt like shit.

“Once again, it’s not your fault so please stop apologizing,” Jamie replied. I didn’t respond.

Jamie reached out with his hand and slowly searched for his cup, he found it and brought it to his lips, taking a sip. He lips looked so soft and once again I had to look away because now that I’ve tasted them I want to kiss him even more than I did before.

I got up and switched off the light, causing the room to go dark.

“Aiden?” Jamie asked as I made my way back to the mattress.

“Yeah,” I replied, wondering anxiously what he wanted.

“You don’t have to sleep down there,” he said, his voice cracking as he spoke the words.

My stomach flipped and my heart sped up at the mere thought of sleeping in the same bed as Jamie and for a second I went into a nervous shock, just standing there, staring at his shadowy form on the bed.

“Aiden,” Jamie whispered nervously, pulling me out of my moment of shock.

“I’m coming,” I replied and slowly made my way over to his bed.