(32) Crash Car Burn

Crash Car Burn

Chapter 32

Jamie’s POV

I had no idea where we were going but it didn’t matter. Nothing mattered except for the fact that I was with Aiden  and for the first time since the accident it felt like I had something to look forward to, something worth living for.

“We’re here,” Aiden announced as he brought his car to a stop.

“Where exactly is here?” I asked, feeling excited.

“You’ll see,” Aiden stated and I could hear that he was excited too from the tone of his voice. I smiled at this knowledge, knowing that this last year has been hell for him as well.

I was busy getting out of the car when I felt the warm touch of Aiden’s hand gripping around my arm. I let him help me out felt my face heat up as his hand slipped down my arm and intertwined with mine. My first reaction was to pull away but I stopped myself before I could. Aiden wouldn’t do anything if it wasn’t safe, he is way too worried about how all of this will affect me. 

“I don’t think anybody around here will know us,” he said as if reading my thoughts.

“Doesn’t matter,” I replied, wanting him to know that I am serious about us being together.

“I like that,” he chuckled and before I knew what he was doing he leaned forward and gently pressed his lips against mine. He pulled away just as quickly, not giving me any time to kiss him back but still causing my stomach to flip and my heart to race.

“Come on, let’s go have some fun,” he stated and then slowly led me away from the car. We stopped somewhere and Aiden paid for two tickets but I still had no idea where we were until Aiden pulled me to a stop and I could hear the excited screams of young children.

“Are we where I think we are?” I asked, unable to stop smiling.

“Where exactly do you think we are?” Aiden questioned teasingly.

“At the fun fair,” I replied, hoping that I was right. I haven’t been to this place in what seemed like forever.

“Let me think about it for a second. Would you like to be at the fun fair?” he asked, his voice light and playful.

“Oh yeah!” I replied and then laughed at my own excitement.

“You are so cute,” Aiden laughed as he stepped closer to me, his proximity causing me to stop laughing at once.

“Can I kiss you?” he whispered, taking my free hand in his as well. I tried answering but I couldn’t get myself to speak so instead I just nodded my head, hoping he would understand.

“Are you sure?” he asked, back to teasing me again.

“Yeah,” I managed to breathe.

“In front of everybody?”

“Yeah,” I whispered, my voice cracking slightly and then without another word he closed the distance between us and softly pressed his lips against mine. The kiss was gentle but he didn’t pull away this time, instead he intensified it by tracing his tongue along my lip, asking for entrance. I granted it willingly as a shiver of pleasure ran through my body and for a second I forgot where we were and the enormity of what we were doing. The only thing that mattered was the taste of Aiden’s lips and the burning need I felt for him in the pit of my stomach.

The sound of nearby laughter and whispers brought me back to reality and I reacted on instinct, trying to pull away but Aiden stopped me before I could. He let go of my hand and wrapped it around my body, pulling me closer as he pressed his lips harder against mine. I kissed him back, not caring about who was watching but trying to satisfy my burning need for him and his obvious need for me.

When we pulled apart Aiden let go of my body but kept a tight hold on my hand as he pulled me forward.

“We’re almost at the front line,” he said, his breathing still heavy from our kiss.

“Did anyone see us?” I asked, already knowing the answer but feeling the need to know what was going on around us. Aiden laughed and then pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly against him.

“Everybody saw us,” he whispered and then pulled away.

“What… what did they do?” I asked, wondering how they reacted, it’s not every day that you see two teenage guys making out in public after all.

“Does it matter?” Aiden asked playfully.

“Not really, I’m just curious,” I replied honestly.

“Okay then. The old man and woman standing at the food court looked horrified. The two teenage boys in front of us in the line looked disgusted but their girlfriends looked quite intrigued,” Aiden laughed and then continued.

“There was a group of kids and their teacher waiting in line for the ride next to ours, she looked like she had gone into complete shock while the kids couldn’t stop giggling and then of course there were a lot of people that just looked really confused,” he stated, his voice sounding amused by their reactions.

“Oh, that’s uhm…”  I started saying but trailed off, not really knowing what to say.

“That’s exactly how I expected them to react and probably how everybody else is going to react to it as well. You know that not many people are going to be very excepting of our relationship,” Aiden stated but it sounded more like a question.

“I know but it’s not their choice,” I replied truthfully, causing Aiden to hug me again.

“You’re right, it’s your choice and I’ll respect it no matter what, now come on, it’s our turn,” Aiden said as he pulled me towards our ride.