(19) Crash Car Burn

Crash Car Burn

Chapter 19

Jamie’s POV

 I’m not really sure what Aiden did while I did my homework but once our food arrived we headed downstairs. We ate our burgers in front of the TV and then decided to watch a movie. An old kick boxing movie was showing and I knew that it is one of Aiden’s all time favorite movies. We must have watched it a million times over the years.

“Are you sure you want to?” Aiden asked, obviously concerned because I couldn’t really watch the movie.

“Yes, I am sure. Now stop worrying,” I replied, sitting back and resting my head against the couch. It is a three seater and I was sitting on the one side and Aiden on the other with a space open between us. I didn’t like the open space, it felt way too big but I was too scared to move closer. I’ve been fighting with myself since last night after we kissed. My heart telling me that I want to be with him but my head telling me that it is wrong.

Watching the movie wasn’t as bad as watching a movie I have never seen before because I could put pictures to the words and sounds but the fact that Aiden was sitting not so far away from me made me feel all nervous inside. He said that he is in love with me and those words have been stuck in my head. They warmed my heart and caused me to feel emotions I never knew existed. Does that mean that I’m in love with him too? Does it mean that I am gay? I had no ideas but I knew I had to figure it out and soon.

Aiden’s been so nice to me and the fact that I haven’t said anything about last night must be killing him, the thing is that I don’t want to say or do anything before I am sure of what I want. I am just so confused and scared that I have no idea what to do, I know what I want to do though. My body has been aching for him to kiss me again and every time I think about it my insides go all warm and tingly.

Half way through the movie I started drifting off, unable to concentrate. All I could think about was Aiden and how I wanted to be closer to him. I had no idea how it would feel if he held me but I was craving to have his arms around me so after debating with myself for who knows how long I gave in and moved closer to him. It was as if he knew exactly what I wanted.  He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to his body. The warmth radiating from him to me, his arms feeling like a pillar of strength, making me feel all safe and wanted. I laid my head on his shoulder and moved my one leg over his so that I could get closer to him. He tightened his grip on me and softly pressed his lips to my forehead, causing my heart to go into overdrive. I wondered if he could feel it.

“Are you tired? He asked, his voice soft and caring.

“Not really, I just couldn’t concentrate,” I replied, not moving my head. I just wanted to melt into him.  He was silent for a long while and I let my thoughts roam, taking in how he smelled, how his arms felt around me and how much I was really enjoying being this close to him.

“What does this mean?” Aiden asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I didn’t answer, wanting to get my words right.

“It doesn’t have to mean anything if you don’t want it to,” Aiden said before I could answer, making me feel a bit guilty. This whole thing must be really hard on him considering he confessed his love to me and I’ve just acted like nothing happened the whole day. I felt really guilty about it.

“No, it does mean something,” I replied, still trying to get my head around what was happening.

Aiden didn’t push the subject, instead he just held me and I savoured the moment.

When the movie was done I pulled out of his arms and got to my feet, immediately missing the feel of his body against mine.

“Do you want some hot chocolate,” Aiden asked from behind me.

“Yeah, that will be nice,” I replied, feeling a bit cold.

“Okay, I’ll make some then we can go to bed” he said, moving passed me. I followed him into the kitchen and stood against one of the counters as I listened to him prepare our hot chocolate.

“The kettle is cold, it’s going to take a while to boil,” Aiden said, his voice closer than I expected. I didn’t answer, his close proximity making me feel all nervous.

“Is it ok if I kiss you?” he asked softly, his warm breath on my skin causing tingles to spread through my body.

“Yeah,” I breathed, my heart pounding in my chest.

There was a long tense silence between us and then I felt the soft touch of his lips on mine. The kiss was gently and he didn’t’ rush it as he placed his hands on my hips and pressed his body lightly against mine.  The feel of his body against mine set my insides alight and I could hear myself moan softly I as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Aiden deepened the kiss, slipping his tongue into my mouth and massaging mine. It was the most amazing feeling ever and I never wanted to stop but soon we were both running out of breath and Aiden pulled away breathing heavily.

He stood like that, with his body against mine and his hands on my hips for a few seconds and then moved away to finish our hot chocolate.