(42) Crash Car Burn

Crash Car Burn

Chapter 42

Jamie’s POV

I woke to the feel of my bed moving and listened as Aiden moved through the room and went into the bathroom. He returned shortly and slid back into bed, making as little noise as possible, obviously not wanting to wake me. I had no idea what time it was but I felt wide awake and I’ve had enough of sleeping all the time.

“What time is it?” I asked softly, not wanting to frighten him.

“Almost five,” he replied, moving closer to me and wrapping his arms around me.

“Did you get any sleep?” I asked, hoping he didn’t stay up all night.

“Yeah I did,” he answered before placing a kiss on my forehead.

“I’m sorry I passed out again,” I whispered, cuddling deeper into his arms.

“You don’t have to be sorry, it’s not something you can control,” Aiden replied as he traced his fingers up and down my back. It felt so good and with every touch of his fingers I could feel how much he cares for me. Aiden never just does something, every kiss and every touch is filled with emotion. I have no idea how survived so long without him.

We laid like that for a while, not one of us talking, just holding on to each other. It felt amazing lying like that with Aiden but the memories of the night before managed to force their way into my head, causing me to start panicking again. What if my parents chase him away? What if they say we can’t see each other anymore?

“What are we going to do?” I finally asked, my worries getting the better of me.

“What do you mean?” Aiden asked, his fingers having found their way into my hair.

“About my parents,” I replied, not really wanting to think about it.

“I talked to them last night, after you fell asleep,” he stated, tightening his grip around me.

“What happened?” I managed to ask, having to remind myself to stay calm. I didn’t want any headaches today.

“Emma somehow calmed them down and convinced them to talk to me,” he answered, loosening his grip slightly now that he knew I wasn’t going to freak out.

“And?” I asked, hoping for the best but not really expecting it.

“It was okay. I won’t say that they are happy about it but they agreed that if it is what you really want they’ll accept us.”

“Just like that? My dad didn’t try to hurt you, did he?” I asked, worried that they might have gotten into a physical fight.

“No, we just talked. It took a while before they gave in but I think they understand how much you mean to me now,” Aiden stated as he gave me another soft kiss.

“I… I don’t know what to say. I didn’t expect that but it’s awesome!” I half yelled, unable to hide my excitement. My parents aren’t going to try to stop us from being together, which means we don’t have to hide our relationship anymore. We still needed to tell Liam though and I had a feeling that he won’t be as accepting.

I was completely awake by this point and although I didn’t want to lose the comfort of Aiden’s arms I needed to sit up. My body was aching from having slept for so long and I needed to stretch my legs.

“I’m going to take a shower,” I stated, feeling much better now that I knew my parents have accepted us. It is still probably going to be weird but it was a start.

“That sounds like a good idea,” Aiden replied, sitting up beside me.

“You could always join me,” I said before I could stop myself.

Aiden didn’t respond immediately and I could feel my cheeks turning pink. Why did I have to say that? What is he going to think of me?

”That is a very tempting offer but I think I will have to pass for now,” Aiden finally replied with a chuckle as he pulled me into his arms. I didn’t know what to say so I just kept quiet, feeling embarrassed.

“Soon though,” Aiden whispered into my ear, setting my whole body alight before he pulled away and moved off of the bed.

Soon? What exactly did that mean? I wondered as I got up from the bed and walked to my cupboard.

Does he mean that he would want to make love with me soon? The thought excited and terrified me at the same time. I want nothing more than to be with Aiden completely but I was scared because I had no idea what to expect.

I stayed in the shower for a long time.  Thinking about everything that happened and everything that Aiden said this morning, especially the very last part.

Aiden took a shower when I was done and then we headed downstairs to get breakfast before going to school. Aiden kept a hold of my arm as we walked through the house and even though I would much rather be holding his hand, I didn’t want to push it. My parents might have accepted us but I didn’t want to throw it in their face in case they needed time to get used to it.

My dad had already left for work but my mom and Emma was in the kitchen busy making bacon and eggs. They offered to make for us and both Aiden and I accepted gratefully. It smelled delicious and tasted even better. My mom was being very friendly with both of us but didn’t mention anything about what happened last night. I was sure that she was probably going to want to talk to me about it sometime but at the moment I was grateful that she didn’t bring it up.

When we were done eating Aiden offered to help with the dishes but my mom chased him away with a laugh, telling him that it really wasn’t necessary. The mood was light and I was glad for this because I had no idea what the day at school had in store for us.