(1) Crash Car Burn (Boy x Boy)

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did.

T.E. Lawrence

************

Picture on the right is of Aiden --->>>

Crash Car Burn

Chapter One

Aiden's POV

"What's going on?" I heard Jamie ask, his voice stopping me in my tracks. I honestly try my best to avoid him but it's difficult when he spends half of his time at my house.

"My mom finally signed the divorce papers today, she is a bit angry," Liam answered as he led Jamie across the living room.

They had just gotten home from school and as they entered something broke in the kitchen. Liam went to go see what's going on and our mom must have told him what happened. I got in just before them since we don't drive together. I heard a racket in the kitchen but didn't bother checking. Things are bad enough as they are, I don't need to see the pain I have caused everybody.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs Liam spotted me at the top and if looks could kill I'd be dead. I didn't say anything and I didn't wait for them to reach the top. I just made my way to my room at the end of the hall and locked myself inside as I always do.

I heard them entering the room next to mine and if I wanted to I could probably hear what they were saying but I didn't want to. I don't want to hear about how much Liam hates me and how difficult Jamie's life is. I already know all of this after all so instead I switched on my sound system and turned the volume up high, blocking out the sound of things being broken downstairs and the haunting voices in my head.

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day and night. In this time I attempted to do my homework but failed miserably. Heard my mom screaming and crying from down stairs when my music decided to stop playing for no apparent reason and watched as Liam helped Jamie into his car and drove off.

I finally managed to get my sound system to work again after battling with it for what seemed like a lifetime. I looked up at my digital clock and saw that it was after eleven pm. The house had grown quiet and I was really hungry so I took a chance and headed downstairs.

My mom was lying on the living room couch, passed out with half an empty bottle of vodka on the coffee table next to her. She doesn't usually drink, in fact she is very much against alcohol but I can't say I blame her for getting wasted. Sometimes I wish I could just drink until I forget but since that night I can't even get myself to touch a bottle of liquer, never mind drink it.

I stood there staring at her for a second but continued on into the kitchen before I got all tied up in my emotions. I've done that enough over the last year and I don't feel like having a breakdown right now.

I found some left over pizza in the fridge and decided to eat it since it still looked ok. I stuffed a few pieces down my throat and then washed it down with some flat cola before going back to my room. I didn't want to be in the kitchen if my mom wakes up. I doubth that it's going to be anytime soon but still, I didn't want to take any chances.

As soon as I was back in my room I switched my music to full blast again and then fell down onto my bed. It took me a while to fall asleep with everything that happened today and when I finally did I had the same nightmare that I have every night.

I woke long before I had to and just laid in bed until my alarm whent off, cursing it when it did. I always used to be a morning person, looking forward to the day but life just hasn't been the same since that night.

I pushed myself up and dragged myself to my cupboard where I searched for something to wear. I found a pair of jeans and a white t shirt that looked surprisingly clean and then took a quick shower and got dressed.

My mom was sitting on the living room couch when I left for school. Her eyes wer red and puffy and she was sipping something from a glass. I didn't stop to find out what it was because the look she gave me told me everything I needed to know. She hates me even if she won't say it to my face.

I straed at my car for a second and then took off down the road, deciding to walk. We don't live far from the school and maybe the fresh air will do me some good. Maybe it will clear my thoughts and I'll be able to make it through the day.

Jamie and Liam were already at school when I got there. I knew this because Jamie's car was standing in its usual parking. He obviously doesn't drive it anymore but since Liam doesn't have a car he uses it to drive them around. I was happy for this fact because walking to school when you can't see a thing would be horrible. I'm not even sure how Jamie is managing in school. I know they've gotten him some special books and Liam helps him a lot but it still must be really difficult.

I sighed at the though and cursed myself for not being able to go a second without thinking about Jamie. He must really hate me but I'm honeltly not sure, I haven't spoken to him since that night. Partly because I'm too much of a coward and partly because Liam keeps him as far away from me as possible.

I made my way to my locker and stuffed some of my books into my bags.

"Watch out!" I heard somebody cry and turned around to see Jamie fall to the ground, his books spilling from his hands. My first reaction was to run to him and help him but Liam was at his side in a second so instead I just stood there and watched like the rest of the kids.

Liam quickly helped him to his feet, positioned him against the wall and then picked up his books and placed them in his hands.

"Come on, let's go," he said, taking a hold of Jamie's arms and leading him away but not before glaring at me.