(49) Crash Car Burn

Crash Car Burn

Chapter 39

Jamie’s POV

“I can't believe you did that," Jamie stated, crossing his arms as he sat down on his bed.

He was still angry at me for starting the fight at school this morning and although I felt guilty for placing him in that situation, he's anger was slightly cute.

"You know you can't stay angry at me forever," I replied as I climbed onto the bed with him, standing on my knees and placing an arm on each side of him as I leaned forward. He automatically leaned back and he couldn't hide the smile on his face as I playfully pushed him back until he was laying flat on his back.

"You're evil. I want to be angry at you," he complained as I took a hold of his hands and pinned them above his head as I straddled him.

"No you don't, you love me too much," I teased and watched as the smile on his face grew wider.

"Seriously though, you can't just go around punching everybody who doesn’t agree with our relationship," Jamie stated as he tried to loosen his wrists from my grip.

“I won't, it's just the things they said… they deserved it," I replied, still furious at them.

"I know and if I could have, I probably would have punched him myself but I don't want you to get hurt. I couldn't stand it if something happened to you… If I lost you," Jamie said, all playfulness having disappeared.

"I'm sorry, I'll try not to do anything like that again," I said as I leaned down over him and softly brushed my lips again.

"Promise," Jamie breathed, his arms finding their way around my neck as soon as I let go of his wrists.

"I promise I'll try but if anybody ever does anything to harm you in any way I am going to kick their ass," I replied honestly. There is no way I will ever allow anybody to hurt Jamie, even if it meant I had to get hurt to stop them.

"Aiden, I don't want you getting hurt," he breathed, our mouths so close that I could taste his breath on my lips.

"Rather me than you," I replied and then I kissed him before he could object.

The kiss grew with passion and soon I had to pull away before I wouldn't be able to.

Jamie sighed with frustration but didn't say anything as I laid down beside him, taking his hand in mine and giving it a soft kiss.

"Tomorrow will be better," I stated as I thought about the events of today. Mr. Smithson, the principal, had a little talk with us about the fight and the reason behind it and although he seemed surprised when I told him about me and Jamie, he said that he would make sure that everybody, students as well as teachers, know that he won’t accept any intolerance at the school.

"I hope so," Jamie replied as he cuddled into my side and drifted off to sleep.

It was a long day. After speaking to Mr. Smithson I brought Jamie home since he was getting one of his headaches. He didn't want his tablets but after a while gave in and drank them, causing him to sleep for a while. When he woke, we headed back to school to go fetch Liam and Emma who decided to stay and face the day head on.

Jamie's mother made us supper when she got home and then we all ate together, none of us mentioning the fight. We didn't agree to not talk about it or anything but it just seemed better that way.

After dinner Liam went home and Jamie and I headed upstairs to his bedroom.

I've been spending every night with Jamie and although his parents weren't very excepting of our relationship when we first told them, they seemed to have accepted it completely. I only go home when I have to get something but most of my stuff is here at Jamie’s house now so it isn't even necessary anymore.

The next day when we walked into school nobody made any attempt to talk to us. They stared and gossiped but kept their distance which was a good thing since I really didn't want to have to break my promise to Jamie and I didn't particularly want to be expelled.

Devin and Dan didn't pitch up and although Andy was there, he didn't even look our way.

"I guess I'm going to have to start looking for new band members," Liam stated as we made our way through the hallway to Jamie and he's homeroom class.

"Sorry about that," I replied, feeling kind of guilty for ruining his band. It wasn't my intention but I don't regret beating the crap out of them. They deserved it.

"Nah, its fine. Devin was really starting to get on my nerves and it hasn't been quite the same since Jamie left anyway," Liam said as we reached their class.

Jamie didn't say anything to this and I wish I knew what he was thinking but I didn't have time to ask. The bell had rang and me and Emma still had to get to class so I gave Jamie a quick kiss on the cheek, much to the amusement of the kids around us, and then I headed off down the hallway.

I felt nervous leaving Jamie now that we had come out about our relationship but I couldn't exactly go to his classes with him so I had to put my trust in the fact that Liam will keep him safe. I didn't like it but was sure that I could rely on him, he's been really cool about me and Jamie's relationship and I am really happy that he has finally forgiven me. It is like a dream come true to have Jamie love me and to have both Liam and Emma back in my life. I couldn't ask for more.

My classes dragged by slowly and by the time the bell rang announcing that it was break time I was dying to see Jamie. I rushed to the cafeteria and felt my body fill with relief when I saw him and Liam making their way over to the table where they usually sat at. I wanted to run over to them and pull Jamie into my arms but I managed to control myself, opting to walk over to them and sit down next to Jamie instead.

His face lit up as soon as he heard my voice and I could feel my heart pick up speed, a mere smile on his face makes my life worthwhile.

Emma joined us a minute later and then we all just sat there, talking and eating our lunch like old times, except for the fact that Katherine wasn't there, the moment was perfect.