𝙸 𝙽𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝙰 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜.

—♛—

It was the day before the "party" and we had a plan for every possible outcome of the party

It was the day before the "party" and we had a plan for every possible outcome of the party. I was so scared to go.
I didn't want to see him.
I didn't want him to see me.
But this is the way this works works and I need to get used to it. I find it ridiculous that I haven't already.
People die and get hurt,
but that would happen anyway.
You see people who have hurt you and... that's not ideal, but it's something you gotta put up with. Or more like something I've got to put up with.

I was looking through my wardrobe, trying to find something I would want to wear. Nothing revealing, but that would make me feel confident in the face of the devil. I groaned and fell back on the bed out of frustration.

"What's the matter with you?"
Taemin asked appearing from Adam, leaning against the door way. It was frequent; him appearing from nowhere.
I was getting used to it, but it still frightened the life out of me most of the time.
"I don't know what to wear."
I said and pouted at my wardrobe, he chuckled at the floor before walking in with his hands in his pockets.
"I know someone who can help." At first I thought he meant himself.
"Oh, Sehun's busy, isn't he?"
I nodded and he looked through my dresses briefly.
"I think we need to go shopping. Something new?"
I clapped my hands in excitement, and then put them back in my lap.
"Baekhyun won't let me. It's too dangerous too leave.
Especially as we know he knows where we live, he could be watching us."
"Baekhyun... needn't know."
"Are you taking me?"
"No, because Baekhyun will then ask questions. But I know a couple who can take you."

I smiled and he walked out to return with HyunA and Hyojong. HyunA was excited.
Hyojong... not so much.
"You look tired?" I said to the blonde man and laughed sarcastically.
"It's hard to sleep when people are screaming at night." He glared at me and widened my eyes. 'Sorry.' I thought in
the sassiest voice my mind
could muster.
"Sorry about that,
but I can't exactly help it."
"Maybe if you took the pills the Doc gave you..."

"Don't you remember what happened last time you twit."

HyunA turned to him and said then proceeded to smack him over the back of the head.
He rubbed at it as a makeshift remedy to the pain.
"Let's get out of here, come on." I looked at Taemin and he nodded in approval.
"I've told Baekhyun that you and... them are going for a walk in the woods. He agreed."
I nodded and HyunA grabbed my hand, we walked out and watched our backs constantly.
Taemin said we could borrow his car, which was a Maserati may I mention.

We toured the shops, Hyojong notes and spent most of the time whining to his girlfriend.
I swear HyunA wanted to gouge his eyes out most of the time we were out. I found a beautiful dress that would go perfectly with Baekhyun's outfit that he had already picked out. Hyojong sat in the "boyfriend" chair as he called it the whole time me and HyunA were trying things on.
The only time he paused was when HyunA came out in a practically see through dress.
He soon payed attention.
The image in my head was something elegant and maybe floral. And managed to find the perfect dress, that was almost the mirror image of what I had in my head. It was almost too perfect for me.

As we drove in, we parked further away and walked through the forest. When we reached the house we snuck in the back. No one had seen us.
It was going perfect, until...
Minseok.

"Where have you been?" He asked in a stone cold voice.
Directly to me.
"For a walk with these two."
I had attempted to hide the bags behind the wall so he couldn't see our buys.

"Funny.
I didn't know you could buy dresses in the forest, I should visit tonight and get a new suit. Did you spot anything that would suit me?" He asked again with an emotionless voice. I looked down at the floor: we had been caught.
"Why did you lie?"
He asked and folded his arms.
"Because I needed to get out and buy a new dress. This house - as beautiful as it is - suffocates me. It's like a music box, and I'm the fairy in it all the time. I'm too fragile to go out, well newsflash: I'm not.
So tell Baekhyun, tell him.
He can know."
"She's right." HyunA said.

"Y...yeah." Hyojong said unenthusiastically and punching the air with no force whatsoever. Me and HyunA glared at him and he tried to contain his laughter.
"... I won't tell him.
But understand that the reason we want to keep you here is not a bad one and is because we all care for you more than you could ever understand."

"Why is that anyway?"
Hyojong said, finally seeming a little bit interested in the current conversation.
"If you had met Baekhyun before Penny came, well... he would've killed you. He was cold, unbothered and 0 personality. He was left to run an organisation that he didn't want. He wanted a life.
Penny is the only normal thing in all of our lives. Because for the first time in years we had something that was pure.
We treasure that purity here.
We want her to stay that way and we promised each other that we would never let her get hurt because Baekhyun would return to his old ways.
Or maybe his new - but worse - ways. And he was bad before.
We need her alive and safe because she is our friend, and our oldest friends lover.
She's loyal, and we value that above everything else.
So now you know the main rule of EXO: that would be loyalty.

"My old ways were bad, weren't they?"